We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid-May

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 33
Weather in mid-May

I know that it's impossible to predict the weather but I wondered if any locals / regular visitors to Sitges could help us decide when to plan a week-long trip this year.

We were looking at 13-20th May but having browsed the forum, I'm nervous that it won't be warm enough. We're not particularly fussed about swimming but had hoped it would be warm enough to stroll around and laze on the beach (not hardcore sunbathing though).

Should we wait until June / July?

Thanks for your help!

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: Weather in mid-May

Well I'm hoping for good weather then as that's when w'e're making our next visit!

The sea won't have warmed up that much - though some people will be swimming by then - but it should be pretty warm. The beaches won't be crowded - though could still be busy at the weekend.

All in all it's a lovely time of year to visit. It's also a very pleasant time to visit Barcelona - only 40 minutes away on the train.

Lymington, United...
2. Re: Weather in mid-May

You can expect pleasant weather at that time. Usually sunny and with temps in the low 20's. We are always in the pool by early May but the sea is still a bit fresh.

Like SitgesLover said, May is actually one of the nicest times to visit Sitges.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
3. Re: Weather in mid-May

www.holiday-weather.com/sitges/averages/may/

uk
reviews: 67
4. Re: Weather in mid-May

I would've thought that you should be lucky. I think the weather will be pleasant enough, but if you have the option to go in june/july, then why risk may. Personally If I was gong to go as early in the year as I could then mid may is where id start.

London
5. Re: Weather in mid-May

Thanks guys! We have booked for mid-May as we already have trips planned for June and July. We're not expecting scorching temperatures but hopefully we can still trade bitterly cold London for sunny Sitges!

dublin
6. Re: Weather in mid-May

You'll have a ball.

London
7. Re: Weather in mid-May

Hope it's ok to reignite my old thread. Looking for some train advice this time.

Can any locals or regular visitors tell me if the train from Sitges to Barcelona Estacio de Franca is a direct route? I'm reading conflicting info online and just want to be sure. (We plan to travel to Franca and take the train back from Gracia to Sitges later).

camberley
reviews: 15
8. Re: Weather in mid-May

Looks like the R13 does:

…gencat.cat/portal/…

London
9. Re: Weather in mid-May

Excellent, thank you!

Stratford-upon-Avon...
10. Re: Weather in mid-May

It's actually Line R2Sud that provides the main service to Sitges. This starts in Estacio de Franca and runs 4 times per hour (but not every 15 minutes).

R13 is the regional train that runs through Sitges but only a limited number of trains actually stop there.