We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridlington, United...
reviews: 67
Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Would love to return to Sitges but not the Hotel Platjador as there are lots of stray cats hanging around this hotel. Although requested room with balcony were given first floor which is ground floor and guess what loads of cats hanging around and made the room smell of cats. Need to find another hotel without the problem cats in Sitges.

48 replies to this topic
camberley
reviews: 14
1. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Following your unhappy comments last October about the hotel I'm assuming you haven't been back sinse and are still talking about the cats you saw then.

Their Facebook page for 5th Dec 2012 states:

We have been working to find a better place for the cats which were in the hotel during the summer, now they are in an animal protection society, with excelent cares.

Looks like the problems been sorted. We were there in september (and the previous september too), and don't remember seeing any cats. None of the recent reviews of the hotel mentions them either. We would like to return this September but they are full.

Bridlington, United...
2. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Thank you for your comment, however we would not return to the Hotel Platjador in case there are still wandering and stray cats still noted in comments still ongoing at the Hotel Patjador November reviews. The cats that hang around the Hotel Platjador and our room area just spolit the whole of our holiday 2012. This upset us more as we had requested and booked a room with a balcony and not a terrace room opposite the swimming pool. The cats just hung around our terrace and came into the room. Hence the reason why we are looking for another hotel in Sitges without any cat issues.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight
reviews: 144
3. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

The only stray cats we saw last year, were over at San Sebastian, the ones that live on the seafront garden and are fed and watered by people. So can't suggest any hotels that side ofSitges.

So really you are looking for a hotel with no garden at all. The only hotels I can think of are Madison Bahia on Calle Paralledes and The Alenti nearer the beachfront. I would have suggested the Galeon, as they have a pool, but as there is a garden there may be cats around.

Did you get any recompence for last year?

Bridlington, United...
4. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Many thanks for your reply. We will look into your suggestions but had wondered about San Sebastian Hotel as it seems to get very good reviews and is situated in a good position on the front.

The Hotel Platjadot did not give us any recompence for our holiday even though we had specified our room type and had booked a room with a balcony. They insist that a room with a balcony is also classed as a room with a terrace. We are more distressed as we had stayed in the Platjador 1st time Easter April then returned again June the same year. Both visits were different experiences because the 1st visit we were given a 2nd floor rear room with a balcony as our booking but then our return visit were we given a ground floor actual first floor room along side the swimming pool. No balcony but a cell like room dungeon style surrounded by roaming cats outside.

Anderson, Indiana
reviews: 69
5. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Sitges is famous for their stray cats. It helps to define them. Some of their refrigerator magnets have cats on them. I stayed at the east end of the city and there were only a few cats joining me when I ate on the waterfront. They

were well mannered and waited for me to share my leftovers.

I found Sitges to be friendly and charming and the cats were as friendly and charming as the people.

Edited: 12:37 pm, February 24, 2013
Chudleigh Knighton...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

The Galeon had no cats when I was there last year, and I am looking forward (with fingers crossed having seen the weather forecast) to checking out whether there are any cats nest week. It is the sister hotel to the Galeon so you can use the Bar at the Platjadour which is far syuperior to the Galeon bar....

Bridlington, United...
7. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Good luck as our stay at the Platja D'or was our worst holiday ever.We have never complained about any hotel before apart from the Platja D'or Sitges. We don't like cats nor stray cats and if you are located in the basement cell rooms than resemble dungeons on the ground floor classed as first floor then you will have plenty of stray cats around . Although our holiday booking was made at the Travel Agents specified 'a room with a balcony' we were given the well known must avoid them ground floor terrace rooms. EVEN THE MALE RECEPTIONIST IGNORED OUR HOLIDAY INVOICE 'room with balcony' when handed to him and for him to then tell us there was no other room. We were still given the dreaded Room 121 Terrace Room along side the walk through shower next to the pool with stray cats on the terrace. The Platja D'or has no regard to your specified room choice. Don't bother either to emal the Platja D'or to confirm your booking as they can't be bothered to reply. So Good Luck.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight
reviews: 144
8. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

We learn a little more each time you post. Did you follow this up with your card issuer? Did you complain to your travel agent?

Bridlington, United...
9. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

We hope we can offer help to anyone so they do not have to experience our 'experience' at the Platja D'or Sitges. Although our holiday at Platja D'or was booked via the Travel Agents the Platja D'or ignored our specified room choice 'room with balcony' The Platja D'or insist that a' room with a balcony' 2nd/3rd/4th floor is the same as a 'terrace room' ground floor although this is not printed in their brochure to warn anyone who may expect that if you book a 'room with a balcony you can actually been located the dreaded basement terrace room including stray cats. Stray cats however cute are not what we wanted when we stayed at the Platja D'or nor to be in full view of anyone using the walk through shower or pool area.Our awful stay at the Platja D'or did not mean we had escaped our every life but that we just ended up with more problems. The fault is the Platja D'or who do not acknowledge your holiday booking whatever it may say regarding your specified room choice. The Platja D'or did not even give us an apology never mind a refund. Sending an email to the Platja D'or to confirm your booking which we did was ignored.Good customer service we don't think so.

pied a terre in...
reviews: 21
10. Re: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats

Perhaps you are not aware of the attitude of many people in the Mediterranean towards cats. They refuse to set up a neutering problem which would mean cat colonies had a controlled number.Their usual response is to poison the poor creatures. For the past ten years I have worked as a one man band on this problem in Sicily. Animals have a right to live the same as human beings. The problem here is the Spanish not the cats.

Reply to: Hotel Platjador Sitges stray cats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted