We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about villanova park campsite

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 37
A few questions about villanova park campsite

Hi,

Wasn't sure whether this question should go in the Barcelona forum, but here goes..

Wonder if anyone can help me with a few questions.

Has anyone stayed at this park in October? Thinking about a week here in October half term.

Found a great price, and flights will be reasonable if we book them as soon as they are released!

What will the weather be like in the costa dorada at this time of year? On the park itself, will everything be open, pools restaurants etc?

Is Barcelona or Reus the best airport to fly in to?

Can we do a day trip to Portaventura from this park, either by public transport or driving?

Finally Is car hire essential and how much could i expect to pay for a week. (never hired a car in Spain before, always France) This park looks like it's out on a bit of a limb, though hopefully we would be able to reach Sitges and Barcelona by public transport. Dont mind driving to beaches, supermarkets etc, but dont want to drive in to Barcelona, or Sitges particularly.

Any thoughts suggesstions, or information would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Cardiff, United...
1. Re: A few questions about villanova park campsite

Anyone?

manchester england
reviews: 57
2. Re: A few questions about villanova park campsite

never stayed at villanova park. but drove past when we have stayed in villanova i would suggest you hire a car you could drive easily to stiges the roads are excellent in that area

if you go to barcelona use public transport we drove into barcelona and we parked in a very cramped underground car park

we have flown to barcelona airport but never reus i would choose the cheapest option

you can drive to port aventura. i would suggest if you go to the park get there early we got there at lunch time and the wait for the car park was terrible we turned round and never went that was around halloween

the weather should be ok we went late oct into nove the weather was fine not to hot

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 29
3. Re: A few questions about villanova park campsite

It is closer to barcelona than Reus. and is about 3k from the actual town but has a bus than runs to and from the site to the town. I stayed there about 12 years ago... nice site, I would suggest a car. We normally use Playa Bara or Tamarit

Cardiff, United...
4. Re: A few questions about villanova park campsite

Thank you both for the information. Car hire seems to be a must. Just looking at flight days and times from bristol, and barcelona with easyjet offer better days /times than reus with ryanair. For some reason i thought reus was closer so glad it's actually barcelona.

Need to keep an eye on easyjet for flight releases fior my dates and get in quick. Would rather book the flights before booking the park.

Thanks again.

5. Re: A few questions about villanova park campsite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 27, 2014