We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's trip

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, England
reviews: 15
Girl's trip

Hi

We are planning a birthday trip this year, there will be 5 of us aged between 50 - 62 and two others in their twenties. We are hoping to rest in the sun, swin in the sea, eat nice food and have a few drinks in the evenings. We are only planning on a 4 night trip. We are thinking of flying to Barcelona and planning on a day trip to Barcelona on one of the days. We want to save money if we can so I am wondering whether an apartment would be the way to go. Do you think Sitges might fit the bill for us?

London
1. Re: Girl's trip

You'll love Sitges: superb beaches, excellent restaurants and bars, perfect for a girlie trip. The shops are really good, too. The train service into Barcelona is excellent and frequent. Getting from the airport to Sitges cossts about 55 euro by cab, worth it for five. Or you can get the train via central Barcelona or the direct Monbus. There's quite a few cheaper hotels away from the seafront, or plenty of apartments.

Cornwall, England
2. Re: Girl's trip

Thanks very much.

Vilanova i la Geltru
reviews: 42
3. Re: Girl's trip

I think you would also like Vilanova i la Geltru. Fewer international tourists, better beaches and superb restaurants. The taxi from BCN will be substantially more than 55 euros to Sitges, for 5 people with luggage, probably more in the region of 70 euros.

Cornwall, England
4. Re: Girl's trip

I'll check that out too, I am also considering Calella and also looking possibly at all inclusive. There are actually seven of us so I need to look at transfers too.

COVENTRY, UK
reviews: 19
5. Re: Girl's trip

I would definitely recommend Sitges. Over the years I must have been 15 times now and it never loses its magic. The old town is just lovely. Check to see if you can time your visit with one of the fiestas , message me if you you want more info, am happy to help

Hotelwise , I totally love the Platjador which is right on the sea front. You even get Cava for breakfast, my kind of place!

Sitges has lots of lovely little boutique shops and the train service to Barcelona is quick cheap regular and reliable!

Cornwall, England
6. Re: Girl's trip

Thanks themurfsmum, the Platjador does look lovely.

7. Re: Girl's trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2014