We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Barcelona

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Transportation from Barcelona

What is the best way to get to Sitges from the Barcelona airport? Train or taxi? Cost & time?

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

Bus from El Prat airport to Sitges www.monbus.cat

Train Sitges to Barcelona renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

www.sitgestur.cat

www.barcelonaturisme.com

Edited: 9:33 pm, December 10, 2012
United Kingdom
reviews: 3
2. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

What time are you arriving and at what terminal? The Mon Bus goes direct to Sitges from Terminal 1 - though its timings are sometimes erratic. The train goes from Terminal 2. Get on any train (it's the end of the line) and change for Sitges at the 1st stop (El Prat de Llobregat). There is also a shuttle bus from Terminal 2 to 1 to get the Mon Bus. Either the train or bus would be about €5 compared with a taxi costing about €60

barcelona
reviews: 49
3. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

The Monbus charges a supplement for one way fares which makes the train the cheapest.

As mentioned change at the first stop (el prat de llobrogat) go over the bridge and get any train with Vilanova on the front; they are generally the only ones that stop.

Trains from the airport leave at 08 and 38 minutes past each hour from the station at terminal 2

Tiverton, England...
4. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

This is very helpful for me too, can anyone tell me how to pay for trains in Spain, do you buy ticket before on on board?

Hemel Hempstead...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

I'd totally recommend getting the bus rather than the train to Sitges from the airport as there is a major issue with pickpockets at El Prat station.

We had an issue there last Sunday but as we were wearing money belts nothing was taken but the couple boarding the train behind us had a wallet stolen. It happens when u board the train, a guy already on the train presses the button to close doors trapping one of u and creating a diversion then 2 guys working with him lift the wallet. This wasn't an isolated incident unfortunately as several people we spoke to in Sitges who used the train had the same happen. El Prat doesn't have any guards present and that is the problem.

We will be getting the bus back to the airport!

6. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

A good message!! My partner had her purse taken at El Prat station last Saturday whilst trying to get on a train with cases. Three guys try to shut the doors and as we battled with the doors they 'dipped' her bag and stole her purse. We didn't see a thing and local person pointed out to check once we were on the train. They disappeared off the station. My partner was distraught and incredibly 3 guys and a woman tried again as we got off at Sitges and we saw them. All spoke an east European language and disappeared as I went mad! They tried to block our exit from the train this time. We reported to the police who were great but it has saddened our 3rd trip to sitges. We will take a taxi or mons bus definitely next time

Edited: 12:49 pm, June 12, 2013
7. Re: Transportation from Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014