We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St.Ives
reviews: 30
beaches

Please tell me if the beach is gently shelving to swim in my depth and if waves likely to be rough June or Sept, if loungers expensive, if noisy with music or water sports?

Edited: 10:51 am, November 30, 2012
United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: beaches

Yes; perhaps; yes; no; no.

St.Ives
reviews: 30
2. Re: beaches

So succinct.

If I stay at Platjador will there be loud music into the early hours? [Hoping not]

Vilanova i la Geltru
reviews: 42
3. Re: beaches

It depends which beach you are on, some have steeper shelves and little dips some way in, some are soft sand, others are shingle, some are busy and noisy and some quiet and secluded, some are more family orientated and some more gay, some are normal/topless option and some are nudist. The sea is unpredictable but we own boats and use them in the summer according to the weather, this is normally less windy and calmer in the morning with the wind blowing up in the afternoons making the sea more choppy, then calming down again late afternoon.

It will depend on what festival is on in town as to how much noise there will be but it is unlikely you would be disturbed at the Platja D'or, it's a nice hotel with pool and great roof bar.

camberley
reviews: 15
4. Re: beaches

The beach in front of the Platjodor has a gentle slope (my wife can't swim but we were able to walk out a fair way) and the waves were not rough.

Loungers are 8 euro's each if I remember correctly and so is an umbrella (if you stay at the Platjador they'll give you towels and an umbrella for a small deposit).

This year and last we had rooms facing the back of the hotel and it was quiete

dublin
5. Re: beaches

The beach just across the road from that hotel is very safe.

And I found this restaurant next door to be very good.

www.restaurantevelero.com/

6. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013