We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards- Barcelona

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Vineyards- Barcelona

Hello, My husband and I will be visiting Barcelona for the first time early October. We'd like to visit a winery in the area and bring back some spanish wine. We're are staying at Hotel MurMuri so something that is a cab/train ride away is best. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

Edited: 1:37 pm, July 31, 2012
United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

Probably the 3 most famous wineries which also offer tours are Codorniu, Freixenet and Torres. Both Codorniu and Freixenet are in San Sadorni, and Torres is not far from Vilafranca. All three make interesting days out. Codorniu and Freixenet are famous for their cavas, though Codorniu also has an interesting selection of wines available in their shop. Torres produces an excellent number of wines. Without your own transport probably the easiest one to get to would be Freixenet, as it is very close to San Sadorni railway station. Most travel agents offer day trips to various wineries, but it might well prove cheaper to hire a car if you're up to driving.

London
reviews: 35
2. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

Don't overlook that Sitges has its own vineyard, within the Hospital Sant Joan Baptista. This produces the Malvasia de Sitges, a sweet-ish wine usually served with dessert. I'm not sure if you can visit, best to ask at the Tourist Information Office.

You might be able to buy a bottle in Delica Sitges, at Carrer Major 4. There is also an off-licence in Carrer de L'Illa de Cuba that stocks it. Around 4,000 bottles a year are produced.

United Kingdom
3. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

True, wirewiper, but it appears they are visiting Barcelona not Sitges - although we would agree that Sitges is worth a visit! You can also buy Malvasia in the cake shop at the bottom of Calle San Francisco - car park end.

4. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

Sitges is a short train ride from Barcelona taking about 45 minutes on the Renfe and costing something like 6 Euros round trip. Trains leave several times an hour all day long from Estacio Sants and Passeig de Gracia. So, I would consider Sitges encompassed in a trip to Barcelona.

5. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

Sitges is a short train ride from Barcelona taking about 45 minutes on the Renfe and costing something like 6 Euros round trip. Trains leave several times an hour all day long from Estacio Sants and Passeig de Gracia. So, I would consider Sitges encompassed in a trip to Barcelona.

United Kingdom
6. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

I think somewhere along the line the point seems to have been lost. The enquiry was about vineyards, not Sitges. Living in Sitges, I don't really think the one (small) field of vines next door to the hospital would make a particularly interesting day out. Though the wine those vines produce is very nice.

London
reviews: 35
7. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

The OP posted in the Sitges forum, that's why the discussion got blown off-track.

camberley
reviews: 17
8. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

Looks like Dodge102 is there about now so hopefully SitgesLover's first post was of use to them (their same post on Province of Barcelona forum never even got a reply)

9. Re: Vineyards- Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 17, 2013