We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 23
Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

Hi there everyone,

In Sept my boyfriend and I will be spending 11 days in Sitges before going to Barcelona for 4 days.

We will be flying into BCN and plan to catch the train from the Airport (and then into Barcelona)

I am interested in going on a few day trips (including one to Port Aventura theme park) and am thinking of hiring a car for a week.

A few questions I have:

We are staying at Hotel El Cid. Would we be able to park a car nearby?

Is car hire recommended for doing day trips or could we use public transport.

How easy is it to get from Sitges to Port Aventura by train / bus?

Can anyone recommeng a good car hire place in Sitges.

Thans in advance for all your help.

uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

El Cid is right in the middle of town and as such parking is very difficult , there are places but don`t bank on finding anywhere close by .

I don`t really see the point in car hire in Sitges anyway as everything is within walking and you are even close to the railway station at the El Cid , Port Adventura is no prob by train and during the season there are also coaches from Sitges. Public transport is very cheap by UK standards and easy to use.

relax , leave the car at home !!!

have fun

London
reviews: 23
2. Re: Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

cheers

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 17
3. Re: Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

Farmerdj

Whether you need a hire car rather depends upon where you want to go.

Catalunya's public transport network is pretty good but you can't get everywhere. From Sitges, Barcleona, Part Aventura, Tarragona and other coastal places are accessible by train. If you fancy Montserrat, the Penedes wine region or many of the wilder areas then a car could prove very useful. If I was in Sitges for 11 days I'd want a car but I'm not much interested in beaches.

You won't want a car in Barcelona. There's nowhere to park and the transport system is excellent.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

Is this correct

You can get a train direct to port adventura from sitges

Do you mean the one by Salou.

If so

Is it possible to also get a train to the water pak at la pineda.

5. Re: Car Hire and Parking In Sitges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 21, 2009