We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona or Perpignan

Which Girona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scottsdale, az
reviews: 5
Girona or Perpignan

We are traveling to Barcelona the beginning of November for 3 nights before we head to Arles, France for a river cruise. We were planning on taking a train between the cities and spending two nights "on the road." Should we stay in Girona or Perpignan the first night? The second night we're staying in Montpellier before going to the cruise. Initially we thought to stop in Girona for a few hours before heading to Perpignan for the night. The problem is we will have luggage and didn't know if there were storage facilities we could use while visiting. Any suggestions?

Washington, England
reviews: 14
1. Re: Girona or Perpignan

In my opinion staying in Girona for one night would be the better choice. I don't think there are any luggage storage facilities so staying the night, in what is a lovely city, would be the better option.

You can get the train to Perpignan from Girona.

scottsdale, az
reviews: 5
2. Re: Girona or Perpignan

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for hotels in Girona?

Washington, England
reviews: 14
3. Re: Girona or Perpignan

I have stayed in the Cuitat de Girona and the Hotel Penninsular. Both have much to recommend them.

Do a search of the reviews of the hotels here on tripadvisor and see which one suits your taste ans budget.

Girona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Girona
reviews: 51
4. Re: Girona or Perpignan

Definitely Girona over Figueres unless you are a particular fan of the work of Dali and want to visit the museum.

There are a number of decent hotels, before I moved, I used the Hotel Ciutat but now I would go for their apartments across the street, El Nord. Spacier and you can still use the hotel restaurant and facilities.

When booking just be careful as the period 26 October - 4 November is the annual Fires (festival) in Girona. The city will be particularly good to visit as their are free evening concerts in Devesa Park, stalls in the major squares selling local produce and various events and activities around the city. The final night finishes with a firework display. If you are coming during these dates, this should make your stay more special but hotels maybe harder to book and more expensive.

Wherever you choose, enjoy your stay.

Darren

5. Re: Girona or Perpignan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 29, 2013