We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sagrada Familia church

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Sagrada Familia church

Hi There,

We are looking at staying in Eixample, near the sagrada church.Is this a good area to stay. Is this a louder part of Eixample.We have 2 kids both under 4 and also their grandparents are coming. We are stay in mid September.Does anyone have any better ideas?

Is there many supermarkets close to Eixample.

Also I have tried to find Lynda's posting on Barecelona for Kids without any luck . Lynda can you please advise how to find this posting and also your museum posting.

Many Thanks

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
1. Re: Sagrada Familia church

I think some of Lynda's postings about kids activities have gone from this forum as the messages do not stay here forever but I just "replied" to one so that it is now on top again.

RI
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sagrada Familia church

I stayed at Hotel Cram and there was a supermarket about 1 block away. Sorry I forgot the name.

Bangor, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Sagrada Familia church

Hi there,

We stayed at Eurostars Gaudi in the Diagonal Area.

It was just two blocks from the Sagrada Familia.(5 min walk) There was a Spar Supermarket just up from Sagrada.

Please be very careful with your Credit Card if you are using it.

We had our details copied in this area and were used on numerous occassions after we left Barcelona.(12 transactions within 1 week and for substantial amounts)

The CC Co. luckily caught on and stopped the card.

Just beware, as the shops use Chip & Pin and also ask for signature which we found strange!! Do not let your card out of sight.

Apart from that Barcelona is a great place to visit.

As for children I'm sorry cant help there, we went as a couple.

Maybe closer to Las Ramblas would be best for you.

Enjoy your stay.

RI
4. Re: Sagrada Familia church

I'm sorry to hear about the credit card problem, but I don't see how it's different from the US. I've had that happen here in the States.

Anyway, I think Eixample is better than the Diagonal area. There's more to see & do within walking distance, isn't there?

Alcala De Henares...
5. Re: Sagrada Familia church

Yes, for Eixample is better to visit than Diagonal too.

You can see a lot of monuments near the Paseo de Gracia Street like la Sagrada familia, La Pedrera o la Casa Gaudí, etc. that are spectacular! And you can find a lot of supermarkets.

For the kids you can go to the Aquarium of Barcelona www.aquariumbcn.com/AQUARIUM/index.php… that it's near the Ramblas (a beautiful place too, full of flowers and pets stalls and some human sculptures) or go to the Tibidado or Montjuïc funfairs.

I'll try to remember more places to go :)

Alcala De Henares...
6. Re: Sagrada Familia church

These are two links to a tourist guide for children in Barcelona, may be it can help you...

www.bcninternet.com/Whatson/children.htm

www.webarcelona.net/children/children.htm

7. Re: Sagrada Familia church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 pm, August 17, 2009