We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to be in Barcelona and I though I could go to Lourdes, Frances too. I checked by train or air but neither worked with my schedule. I thought since it looks like it's only 6 hours, that I could drive. I need to know how are the roads, which route should I take.. Do I need to go to Toulouse? and if I want to drive at night, how safe are the roads. I'm traveling with my dad and my sister. Please, if someone has done it by car, I need advise..thanks

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

Route planner information www.viamichelin.com Unless you know the rural/country roads, it is not really wise to drive at night.

Car rental www.auto-europe.com

You will require an International driving permit for Spain

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.france.com

Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 233
2. Re: Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

Did you check www.vueling.com for flights?

Atlanta, Georgia
3. Re: Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info. How do I get an International permit? Why is not safe to drive at night? I'm planning to take the route with tolls roads because though they cost more, they have less traffic and are like expressways. Are petrol stations open all night like in the states? especially the ones by the main highways?

I was planning on driving during the day going to Lourdes but driving thru the night on the way back. there two of us driving.

Atlanta, Georgia
4. Re: Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I checked Vueling but I can't find flights for the dates that I need..That would have been sooo much better, believe me..

5. Re: Traveling to Lourdes from Barcelona in a couple of weeks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:51 am, March 17, 2015