We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 17
Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

Well my answer is obviously "yes". If at all possible you should make an effort to enjoy the remarkable achievements of these pillars of Catalan culture. But although I've seen hundreds of castells built over the last twelve years and have even been privileged to help build a few I've never seen anything quite like this.

naciodigital.cat/laflama/…natacio

Bravo, Castellers de Barcelona!

Lawton, Oklahoma
reviews: 19
21. Re: Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

We saw two teams yesterday in the Catedral square, definitely worth it!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
22. Re: Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Nes.

Did anyone see the event at Moll de la Fusta?

Not much in Barcelona this coming weekend but anybody heading to Vilanova i la Geltru for some beach time or to Vilafranca del Penedes for some wine research might get a present surprise. Castellers de Barcelona are in Vilafranca on 3rd August which might be why there is no "Cultura Catalana a Barcelona" scheduled for this week. Plenty of activity for those prepared to travel, though. Even as far as Verona in Italy. Castellers are definitely spreading the word this year.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
23. Re: Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

I've been lax in keeping this up to date (though others have highlighted some recent events) but this 'weekend' has

Actuació de vigília de la festa major de Gràcia in Placa de la Vila de Gracia at 20:30 on 17th August

with Castellers de la Vila de Gracia and

Colla Jove de Castellers de Sitges

with, I think, a Pilar Caminant from Placa del Sol

and

Diada castellera de la festa major de Gràcia in Placa de la Vila de Gracia at 12:00 on 18th August

with Castellers de la Vila de Gracia

Xicots de Vilafranca and

Xiquets de Reus

24. Re: Should I see castellers when in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 18, 2014