We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English version of Renfe site

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
English version of Renfe site

Hi,

Can somebody give me the URL for english version of the Renfe train booking portal? I tried http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/ but the moment I enter the details and hit Search, the results page is all in Spanish. I dont know why but Google Chrome isn't offering me translation either for the results page.

Thanks for any info.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
1. Re: English version of Renfe site

it's giving me the same behaviour, I guess it's one of Renfe's bad programming bugs on their website...

Mijas, Andalucia...
reviews: 7
2. Re: English version of Renfe site

I have just tried using Internet Explorer and it is working fine ... perhaps the site just doesnt like Chrome!!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 233
3. Re: English version of Renfe site

Funny. I just tried it on my iPad (using Safari) and it was all in English. Yesterday, it was glitchy too. If you clicked on a ticket listed for 84€, the programme would automatically change it to 105€.

Edited: 7:31 am, May 26, 2013
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
4. Re: English version of Renfe site

I've tried (and now again, so twice) using Firefox.... same switching to Spanish when hitting search.

Helsinki, Finland
5. Re: English version of Renfe site

I've read the Renfe site a few times. I don't think most of the information is ever even translated into English. Nowdays I just use the Spanish version and an online translator if necessary, it's quicker that way.

Hyderabad, India
6. Re: English version of Renfe site

Thanks for the responses. I am on a Macbook Pro, and I tried three browsers - Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Results are NOT in english in all three cases.

I tried an user-agent switcher to imitate IE9 but that didn't help either. Looks like I am not lucky today!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 233
7. Re: English version of Renfe site

I believe that Renfe was originally optimized for Explorer. From post #2, Margery has been able to see the English display.

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 37
8. Re: English version of Renfe site

at the top of the home page there is a line of links which look like this

Bienvenido Welcome Bienvenue Benvingut (C) Ongi etorri Benvido Benvingut (V)

The English one is the 2nd one in :)

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 37
9. Re: English version of Renfe site

I use Chrome and it is totally fine...

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
10. Re: English version of Renfe site

Santosh:

I would not use the English site because it always has glitches and may not work properly. Use the Spanish site. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.