We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
reviews: 29
Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

We will have a car and one full day, one open night, and until evening the next day in our travels between Granada and Seville. From studying maps, I think we will just drive along the coast and up into the hills behind the coast, stopping for a while anyplace we find interesting. We do like beaches and a lively atmosphere, but also really like natural beauty and quaint towns. It's really hard to decide where we should stay that one night! Opinions, please!

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 66
1. Re: Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

Maybe you should ask in the "Andalucia" forum.

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 29
2. Re: Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

Well, I thought I HAD as I was reading the Andalucia forum when I posted this "new" post! A couple of wks. ago I had to write the site people because I was clicking on a particular forum to post yet the posts were coming up elsewhere! Now I know why I've seen posts for the Caribbean under places in Spain, etc! ???? Thanks for alerting me that it was under the Barcelona section so I can repost.

UK
reviews: 2
3. Re: Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

Avoid the Costa do Sol at all costs go inland

Gerlis

Phoenix, AZ
4. Re: Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

I HIGHLY recommend Nerja. It is along the coast on the way from Granada to the Costa del Sol. It is a gorgeous little town built into the hill and features the Balcony of the Sea.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
5. Re: Should we stay along Costa del Sol or in a white town like...

In regards to your question on driving along the beach, or heading inland to Ronda, which is really not considered a "white village". A lot will depend on when you are planning this little excursion.

The coast between Málaga and Estepona is a little overbuilt with high-rises and obscene palatial mansions, but the weather is hard to beat most of the year, that's why it's a bit overbuilt.

If traveling in the late spring or summer, I'd skip the Costa del Sol and head for Ronda on the A92, connecting with the A376. From Ronda you can take a drive down the A369, which will take you past several of the white villages south of Ronda. You can continue on the A369 to Algecieras and Tarifa on the coast before following the N340 to Vejer, the classic white village on the Costa de Luz. From here you head north to Jerez and onto Sevilla.

The other option would be to drive from Ronda to Acros and into Jerez before heading north to Sevilla.