We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reus airport - Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derby
reviews: 5
Reus airport - Barcelona

Hi,

I have just worked out that Reus airport isn't as close to Barcelona as I would have liked. Our plane lands at 8.25pm - can I gain any advice on how to get to Barcelona - I looked at the bus timetable and there isn't ond until gone 10pm and we only have hand luggage so want to get going as soon as!!

Many thanks in advance

Girona, Spain
1. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

Effectively you "must" wait for the bus.

Alternatively, take a taxi to get a train:

either at Tarragona station for a standard train and a roughly 1 hour trip to the city of Barcelona

or at Reus staion for more or less the same as the above though with less frequency of trains to Barcelona

or a (more expensive) taxi to the more distant Camp de Tarragona station for a (much more expensive) much faster train to Barcelona.

Although the most important issue is the exact availablity of trains at these 3 stations around 9pm, the last option would probably make a clear difference "at a price" but the first two are I suggest more marginal in terms of time gain, though much cheaper than option 3.

derby
2. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

Thanks so much for your help.

If we land at 8.30pm (with only hand luggage) how long do you think we should give ourselves to get to Camp de Tarragona? Do you know roughly how long it takes to get to the stations? And finally, would you recommend booking a train in advance or can we just turn up on the day?

If it costs more - think we are happy to do it just get moving rather than sit around for over an hour at the airport!

Thanks

Hannah

Girona, Spain
3. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

Roughly 30 mins door to door by taxi from airport to C de T station.

Trip in to Sants station in Barcelona is then just under 40 mins.

Trains at 21:28, 21:49 and 22:05 amongst others, it seems.

I guess you can rely on paying at the ticket office since there has been a major fall of in use of the AVE type trains in Spain due to the economic crisis.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 18
4. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

Good advice above. A cheaper alternative might, dependent upon availability, be a rental car to Barcelona airport and then a taxi from there. You' would want to find a rental company that doesn't charge hefty one-way drop-off fees, though. Fairly easy to find BCN from Reus and the road is fast.

It might even be worth enquiring about the cost of a taxi from Reus airport to your Barcelona accommodation. Might not be much more than the combined cost for Reus to Camp de Tarragona then the train, especially if there are several of you and could be quicker.

derby
5. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

Thanks both, very useful indeed. Do you know roughly how much it would cost to C de T? I think that will be the deciding question to make an attempt to get to Barcelona early or grudgingly wait for the bus for an hr and half from Reus airport!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 18
6. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

I've no idea, I'm afraid. I think it will be more than the fare to the main Tarragona station, which is usually quoted as about €30-35. I don't know why it's so expensive. BCN to the centre is further and cheaper.

7. Re: Reus airport - Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2013