We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow/Edinburgh...
reviews: 1
Restaurants in Barcelona

Hi all,

I am looking forward to my five night stay in Barcelona in August. Could anyone let me know some good restaurants please and tell me what restaurant is commonly regarded as the best in Barcelona for typical spanish/catalonian food?

also are there any trips that take you to the neu camp?

David

Liverpool
reviews: 22
1. Re: Restaurants in Barcelona

David

The debate about which is the city's best restaurant is an endless one - and you won't find a consensus. If you want a great view from the harbourside, choose La Gavina ('the seagull' - look for the logo). If you want top end cuisine try Drolma in the Hotel Majestic: Michelin-starred heaven, with prices attached. Otherwise, try the latest edition of Time Out, which has a great section on this very subject.

One last tip: don't forget to make up your own picnic at least once from the epicurian wonderland that is La Boqueria market on Las Ramblas. But remember to visit it in the morning.

Cheers

Dougal

UK
reviews: 47
2. Re: Restaurants in Barcelona

My favourite is "Les Quinze Nitz" It is located in a square just off Ramblas (google it) it is very popular with tourists and Locals. It opens at 8.30pm and there is usually a queue, but it is worth it! Try the creme catalanya for dessert YUM!!

I am visiting again in May and I have been told to try Egipte a tapas bar on Ramblas

Neu Camp - you can get off the hop-on-hop-off tourist bus there and go for a visit. I think that the tourist info also offer tours.

Have a great trip.

MX
reviews: 2
3. Re: Restaurants in Barcelona

Hey David,

I don't agree with the Quince Nitz (in Placa Real) recomendation. It's a tourist trap, the food is average especially in a city lique Barcelona with so many great restaurants.

I do agree with the Drolma recomendation (althoug neither Catalan or Spanish cuisine, more like author cuisine), great food in a fancy setting. It's going to cost you but it's worth it.

Some of my recomendations (in no special order, just as they come to my mind) for Catalan food:

Via Veneto

(Ganduxer 10, Sant Gervasi)

La Venta

(Pl. del Doctor Andreu, Tibidabo)

Senyor Parellada

(Argentaria 37, El Born)

Agut

(Cignas 16, Barri Gotic)

Pitarra

Aniyo 56, Barri Gotic)

El Convent

(Jerusalem 3, El Raval)

Racó d'en Freixa

(Placa Molina, Sant Gervasi)

Casa Jordi

(Ptge. Marimon 18, Sant Gervasi)

Spanish (from all other regions of Spain):

Bilbao

(Perill 33, Gracia)

Rías de Galacia

(Lleida, öble Sec)

Botafumeiro

(Gran de Gracia 81, Gracia)

Barceloneta

(Escar 22, Port Vell)

Can Majó

Almirall Aixada 23, La Barceloneta)

Envalira

Pl. del Sol 13, Gracia)

Mediterranean cuisine:

Neichel

Beltran i Rózpide, Perdralbes)

"A must" for the best tapas in all Barcelona go to either "Cerveceria la Catalana" (Mallorca almost corner of Rambla de Catalunya) or "Ciudad Condal (corner of Rambla de Catalunya and Gran Via)

You are going to have a little trouble, many restaurants close part or all August so be sure to call ahead to know if they are open.

Cheers,

Nic

Prague
reviews: 43
4. Re: Restaurants in Barcelona

Hi Nic,

We are coming to Barcelona for this week. Do you usually need to reserve a restaurant ahead? Or can we just come, wait a little while a get seated?

Thx Ondrej

MX
reviews: 2
5. Re: Restaurants in Barcelona

Hi Ondrej,

Yes, it is very advisable to book ahead, specially at the more upscale restaurants. I've always been amazed how Barcelona has more restaurants per person than most cities I know and still they are crowded from Monday to Sunday.

Also check the service hours and days as most restaurants close one day of the week (most on Monday).

Cheers,

Nic