We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro City Hopping Advice

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, England...
reviews: 2
Euro City Hopping Advice

Need a few questions answering from people is possible. My and my fiance are doing a euro city hopper for 2 weeks. We doing London > Paris > Nice > Rome > Barcelona with poss Milan in between Nice and Rome

What we want to know is how much would transfers cost us from each airport to roughly centre of each city. We dont want to taxi everything cos we sightseeing the max! Hotels we have restricted it to £100-£120 for 2-3 nights to keep costs down!

any advice or sites to vist?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 196
1. Re: Euro City Hopping Advice

Hola Andy!

You can take the Aerobus from airport to Placa Catalunya for 5.30 euros per person. If you buy the round trip ticket, it's a bit cheaper.

For sightseeing:

The Sagrada Familia

Parc Guell

Casa Batllo

Casa Mila (la Pedrera)

See Top Question - What are the Must See's? - for more ideas.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
2. Re: Euro City Hopping Advice

Look at venere and booking.com for hotels, you can put in a budget to reduce what you have to wade through.

On each city forum you will find details on transfer from the airport.

In fact taxis from Barcelona airport to the city are quite reasonable, around 20-25€ normally (and bus for 2 costs over 10) but I know a taxi from Milan airport (Malpensa) to the city is phenomenally expensive. I once actually booked another (earlier) flight to Milan so I cd use the public transport option into the centre (the flight cost a lot less than the taxi would have).

But your itinerary sounds really full even without including Milan. I'd be tempted to say drop Milan and Nice and just do London-Paris-Rome and Barcelona. Nice is the most Italian of French cities (only been French for 150 years) and being on the Med has many similarities with Barcelona too (or in my husband's view with Castelldefels, a resort near Barcelona!!) . Rome is wonderful and you really need 5 days minimum to see the top sights at non-breakneck speed, I would say

3. Re: Euro City Hopping Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:51 pm, June 07, 2013