We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Hello there,

I am flying YVR-LHR-BCN via AC and BA (on one ticket). BA flight arrives in BCN at 6:30pm.

So my question is, would an 80 minute connection time suffice in BCN if I book a Spanair flight that departs at 7:50pm? Normally wouldn't risk it but I want to maximize the time I have.

I read elsewhere that AC will check through baggage that they have interline agreements with - which include both BA and Spanair, even if they are on separate tickets. Would this make my 80 minute connection doable?

Thanks for the advice! If I should post this somewhere else on the forum, please let me know.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
1. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Your post is confusing. You said you are flying YVR-LHR-BCN via AC and BA. You also have a Spanair flight that departs from BCN with an 80-minute transit window. So which airport do you have the 80-minute transit? Also, are you taking another flight from LHR or BCN?

Anyway, I think it is very risky to book with an 80 minute connection through LHR if you are flying in using AC and then using a BA flight to BCN. You will have to deplane, change terminals (involving a 10 minute bus ride), and go through transit security. I think for the LHR transit, you should really give yourself more time if possible.

USA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Sammyfloyd, I think the OP means that there is an AC/BA ticket that gets her through LHR to BCN, arriving at 6:30, and that she is now considering purchasing another ticket to go some place else (unidentified), on SpanAir leaving at 7:50.

Sounds like too tight a connection to me. But OP, you might want to post this question on flyertalk to get frequent flyers advice on connection times.

3. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Thanks Oopsy. It is a tight connection so I'm going to play it safe and book an early flight the next day.

I did post my question on flyertalk but didn't get a response.

Thanks again!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
4. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

Good decission. I'd would only risk a 80 minute connection if I was flying with the same alliance (so, luggage checked all the way, etc.) and I probably would not risk anyway, in case the first flight was delayed. As BA and Spanair belong to different alliances, you most likely have no time, as retrieving your luggage at BCN can take 30 minutes, and then you should check in again.

Roses, Spain
reviews: 21
5. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

You might call AC with the specific information about the Spanair flight you are thinking of and ask if their guidelines allow them to book your luggage through to final destination. The airlines tend to err on the side of caution so I would trust their judgement on this. You could also check the Spanair policy for standing by on earlier and later flights to see what last minute options you have.

As for the alliances, I think AC and SpanAir are Star and BA is OneWorld, but I don´t know if that affects your connection or check in options.

6. Re: Barcelona Airport Connection Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 07, 2012