We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Metro

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
Barcelona Metro

Does anyone know if there are adjusted holiday hours for the Metro on 22 April 2011 (Good Friday)? Really want to know how early it opens. Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
1. Re: Barcelona Metro

From tmb.net:

Metro operating hours are:

Weekdays (Monday to Thursday), Sundays and public holidays: from 5.00 am to midnight

Fridays and eves of public holidays: from 5.00 am to 2.00 am

Saturdays and eve of 1 January, 24 June, 15 August and 24 September: continuous service

24 December: closes at 11.00 pm

Philadelphia...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Barcelona Metro

So if I have to catch a 8 AM flight out & need to be at the Airport some 2 hours earlier than departune - the metro/train should be running out of Catalunya Station regularly between 4AM & 5AM ? Or do I have to take a dreaded taxi ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 200
3. Re: Barcelona Metro

The Aerobus starts running at 5:30 am, I believe. You should be able to get to the airport within 30 minutes, at that early hour.

aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en/timetables.html

Edited: 2:40 pm, April 19, 2011
Philadelphia...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Barcelona Metro

That's a good question - I prefer taking the trains/metro in general but it looks like the Aerobus {I assume a real bus} is better than the train at this early weekend hour because the 1st train to airport doesn't leave Catalunya untll 6:08AM & apparently there's a distance between terminals.

Does the Aerobus take the T10 subway card as payment?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
5. Re: Barcelona Metro

No, it doesn't take the T10. It costs 5.30 Euros one way or 9+ Euros round trip.

bedford
6. Re: Barcelona Metro

hi any advice would be welcome !

my flight leave barcelona at 7.15 am so any public transport at 4/5 am or is it taxi?

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
7. Re: Barcelona Metro

Hola Lib b and welcome to Tripadvisor!

This thread is about the Barcelona metro, which operates within town. It doesn't go to the airport. Pls see FAQ - Arriving & Departing for more clarification.

If your flight is at 7:15 am, you'll need to get there earlier for check-in etc. In post #3 above, I've mentioned the Aerobus, which starts at 5:30 am and should get you to the airport in less than 30 min. That's NOT enough time, is it?

There's the Nitbus, which operates at night but I think you should just take a taxi. You don't want to risk being late for your flight.

bedford
8. Re: Barcelona Metro

havent heard of nitbus before, but will bear in mind next time. are taxi mega money? was looking at maybe booking shuttle bus. thanks for info

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
9. Re: Barcelona Metro

<<are taxi mega money>>

Not really but I don't even know where you are taking it from. You can get a rough estimate of the cost by using the worldtaximeter.com link in the FAQ - Arriving & Departing.

What shuttle bus do you mean?

Edited: 2:55 pm, September 08, 2011
Vancouver
reviews: 1
10. Re: Barcelona Metro

Bustling Brokers in Barcelona

On Saturday 15th October 2011 my wife and I flew from London to Barcelona to spend a day there before joining a 7-day cruise to Italy and Palma Mallorca. Based on suggestions posted on the internet we bought a T10 ticket that offered 10 trips on the train (RENFE) as well as on the public transportation system that would get us to the main public square, Placa Catalunya. Passeig de Gracia was indicated as the station to transfer from the RENFE train to the Metro L3 Green Line. We looked for the green arrow on a control gate indicating that it could be used to enter the station. The control gate slid open when the T10 ticket was inserted. The gates also opened for me (reusing the same ticket) but when I almost reached the mid-point of the passageway, where the gates are positioned, a pot-bellied man suddenly entered from the opposite end and we met belly to belly. My wife and I were both annoyed at the discourteous manner that the man displayed and after a few seconds of doing a squeezing dance to get past each other we managed to free ourselves of each other’s mid-sections and continued on our separate ways. It was not until we reached our hotel that I realized that my waist pouch (a fanny pack which hung at hip level) no longer contained my wallet and it dawned on us that we were deliberately led a merry dance to allow the man’s fingers to benefit from the proceeds of my wallet.

We went to the police station at Placa Catalunya to report the theft and encountered tourists from several different countries who were also reporting the loss of money to the bustling brokers who left us all broke monetarily and emotionally. Some had been mobbed by youths; others were distracted by an enquirer for directions whose purpose was to delay the family group sufficiently for an accomplice to get into a zipped-up inside pocket of a jacket. Another victim lost a purse hanging from a chair in a restaurant. We also heard of people being doused by a white liquid (milk?) from a nearby building and then “rescued” by folks who brought towels and other helpful materials to remove the liquid from their clothes, while helping themselves by removing other items of value in the process. Others have reported being sandwiched between strangers in a crowded area, immobilizing them for a sufficient time to allow a pocket to be picked. Interestingly, the police station has a phone dedicated exclusively to calling credit card companies to cancel credit cards.

Here are some words of advice based on the Barcelona experience. 1) Avoid carrying valuables in a bag/purse that is exposed to potential contact with a stranger. 2) Consider using a body purse that is worn beneath the shirt. 3) Keep a hand on your bag or purse such that any attempt to open it would be detected, especially in a crowded area. 4) Try to maintain some distance between yourself and a stranger; back away or change course if strangers seem to be approaching you in a suspicious manner, e.g. watching to determine the location of your valuables rather than looking where they are walking. 5) Remove yourself from areas where you could be an easy target, e.g. do not walk near the edge of a sidewalk next to a street where your valuables could be grabbed by the passenger on the back of a passing scooter.

There was an interesting sequel to the Barcelona broker incident. A French chiropractor wrote to the email addresses he found from the business cards in my wallet, now devoid of any cash, and asked where he should send the wallet. Arrangements were made for him to mail the wallet to me in London. This restored my various items of identification as well as my faith in humankind . . . at least some of them.