We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelona to pyrenees

Which Catalonia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kingston
reviews: 2
barcelona to pyrenees

Will be in Barcelona for two and half days. May 29. We plan to do one day in Barcelona and would really like to get out and see something diffrent from the big city. My friend really wants to see an area of the Pyrenees. I know we can't get too far up, but can anyone suggest a small town where we could take a train or bus to get a taste of this lovely part of Spain?

Thanks for any help.

Barcelona, Spain
1. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

Have you seen Montserrat (closer to B, not in P, but unique) ?

if yes, may be Nuria :

valldenuria.com/website_valldenuria/eng/nuri…

?

if the weather is good...

A:)

kingston
2. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

Thanks for your reply. I read that I can take the train from Barcelona to Ribes de Freser or Ripoll then the rack train to further north. Is that right?

BARCELONA.SPAIN
reviews: 21
3. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

The rack trains begins at Ribes de Freser, so you can go there by the normal train.

Enjoy

Jose

Barcelona, Spain
4. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

Gracias , Jose

Kanilo, I was taken there (RdF) in a friend's car, so about the 'normal train' I just read the map :)

I think it is Line 3 of Barcelona local renfe network Rodalies (catalan) - Cercanias,

here link where you can check the timetable:

renfe.es/cercanias/…index_horarios.html

only in Spanish

A:)

Edited: 1:24 am, February 21, 2010
kingston
5. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

Thanks for the info. Do I need to purchase or reserve train tickets in advance for the rack train or on the train from Barcelona to Ribes de Fresser?

barcelona
reviews: 1
6. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

hi,

it's no necessary. But there is a combinated ticket train BCN-Ribes + "Cremellera", You can buy it on the train station in Barcelona: Arc del Triomf, Sants, Catalunya, etc...

7. Re: barcelona to pyrenees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 22, 2010