We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

Which Salamanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Topeka, Kansas
Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

I get motion sickness on busses so would prefer to take the train. Do you think it is easy to get from the airport to the charmatin station? What if i am not flying in to terminal 4?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,531
1. Re: Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

Karen:

I would just take a taxi from the airport to the Chamartin Station, since you will have luggage. The cost will be about 25 euros.

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Topeka, Kansas
2. Re: Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

That is what I was thinking. Good o know the estimated cost.

Where do I find the Buying renfe Tickets Online thread?

Once I get to Salamanca, will there be taxis?

Edited: 12:27 am, March 01, 2013
NY
Destination Expert
for Salamanca
reviews: 26
3. Re: Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

Yes, after you clear baggage claim and exit towards the street, there will be a ton of taxis all lined up. You should know that you HAVE to go to the front of the taxi line, you can't just hop in the 1st one you come to. If you do that, they will tell you to go to the front. To buy train tickets online go to www.renfe.es

Topeka, Kansas
4. Re: Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

Thanks!

5. Re: Madrid airport to Salamanca-best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Salamanca