We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ascot, UK
reviews: 12
2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Struggling to find somewhere to stay for our family, we're two adults and 3 teenage boys which in booking terms is 5 adults but am really struggling to find any 3 bedroom apartments or 2 bedroom with a sofa bed. Any suggestions?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
reviews: 136
1. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Hi, the apartments that receive many recommendations are the Casablanca, on the main road out of Puerto on the way to La Paz. There is a 15 minute walk down hill to the sea front and shopping centre, including a large supermarket. There are many local bars, small shops etc near by.

In the old town are the Florida Plaza apartments, these are a 10 minute walk to a large beach, with many local bars and restaurants on the door step.

glasgow
reviews: 25
2. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

it is difficult to get family accomodation in Puerto my daughter has the same difficulty. the last couple of years she has stayed in a one bedroom apartment in the bambi apartments (she has two children) but i think it would be too small for three teenagers. You could try the Oro negro apt i know they have some two bedroom accomodation. good luck

Southport, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

It might be with looking for a rental in a residential building rather than one of the larger holiday complexes. Have a look in Island Connections or contact some of the local estate agents. The estate agents tend to go for long term lets, but with the current financial situation, more owners are opting for short term rentals.

http://www.islandconnections.eu/

Cheers

Tommy

scotland
reviews: 26
4. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

I can highly recommend the Casablanca Apartments. As a couple we have only stayed in the 1 bedroomed apartments there but I understand that the two bedroomed apartments can sleep up to 5 adults and also have two bathrooms. The apartments are very spacious and also have large balconies.

Liskeard, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Finding 2 bedroom apartments in PDLC is very difficult and I would also suggest the Casablanca. We have 2 teenagers, girl and boy, who are not keen sharing a bedroom. We always stay here when visiting family We book a 2 bedroom apartment which also has a comfortable and full size sofa bed in the lounge area. We have had several different 2 bedroom apartments but we have never had one with 2 bathrooms. I don't think any of the apartments have 2 bathrooms. They are well equipped with everything you need for self catering. The TVs have been upgraded and get many English channels. although I think you get more if you are on the road at the back of the complex. The only downside I would say is that if your children enjoy a pool the one at this complex is quite small and can become crowded.

Edited: 11:38 am, March 10, 2013
Ascot, UK
6. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Casablanca looks good and have 2 bed aparts available for the 2nd week of our hols and I have managed to find one private rental in Parque Cardon that I'm waiting to hear back from.

The Alta Apartments have 2 beds too but it doesn't look to be as good as Casablanca. Same for Bahia Playa and Dragos del Norte.

And apart from the Parque Cardon private rental all the 2 bed places only have 1 bathroom (eek)

Edited: 12:07 pm, March 10, 2013
Liskeard, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

We have also used Dragos Norte, the second bedroom just has room for a small double bed and the sofa bed really uncomfortable. The other downside of Dragos is the waterheater only heats enough water for 1 shower then you have to wait ages for it to reheat for the next one!! So I wouldnt recommend it for your size party! I don'y know the Bahia Playa!

Alison

Edited: 12:10 pm, March 10, 2013
Ascot, UK
8. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Thanks Alison, pretty much confirms what I thought!

Chester
reviews: 31
9. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Hi,

It has to be the Cassablance apartments because they are very nic and in a good location.

Keith

scotland
reviews: 26
10. Re: 2 or 3 bedroom apartments?

Hi Cali,

Hope you get something sorted soon. Sorry i gave you wrong info about the standard two-bedroomed apartments at the Casablanca having two bathrooms. I think some of the larger timeshare/penthouse apartments do. However if you do go to the Casablanca I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you intend hiring a car though it is perhaps worth considering a private rental in one of the villages in the vicinity of PDLC. I have noticed some really nice properties being advertised recently.

Edited: 7:09 pm, March 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz