We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
reviews: 26
Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi,

Its our first time to Tenerife and we are thinking of staying at this hotel, can anybody tell me if certain holiday agents have limited choice of good rooms.

For example, I've found Monarch is quite a bit cheaper than Thomson, so does this reflect in the standard of rooms that are on offer or shuld I just go with the bargain?

Thanks

Sunderland
reviews: 27
1. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Dont know for sure ,but we have stayed at the H10 Tenerife Playa next door

with Thomas Cook ,and have never had any trouble changing the room allocated to us .

We were put on the top floor , but as we prefer to be on the ground floor we asked for a change . No prblem , we got a ground floor room straight away .

We now always e.mail ahead and ask for a room on the ground floor ,bordering onto the swimming pool ,and have never been refused .

I know there are different prices for rooms with a balcony ,but we have never been asked by the tour operator what type of room we wanted .

We are going this year with Jet 2 so maybe it will be different .

As i said ,I dont know for certain but all travell agents charge different prices for the same holiday ,and it comes down to profit margines rather than rooms ,

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
reviews: 20
2. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi tulullah...I don't think it makes any difference who you book with ( I always go for the cheapest ) why wouldn't you ?

I have lost count how many times I have been to the San Felipe ...I always email a couple of weeks before we go for my room choice ....

rrppbpsfe@bahia-principe.com

A sea view , you only get the early morning sun and then it's gone to the other side ....and depends if you like to hear the sea crashing on the rocks ...

If you want sun , the mountain /pool view ....

The rooms are lovely , with good size balconies ....The corner rooms have enormous balconies ... We had our first corner room on our last holiday .at no extra charge ....I did request it , but stated I understood if not available ...so no pressure .... But I am quite satisfied with any ,having now tried it ....The view was lovely though having the mountain and the sea ,plus lido all together ...and when I get round to doing a review I will add a photo ..The higher you are ,the better the view ...we only go floor 12 and up higher ...

Lovely Hotel and great staff ....

Enjoy

Sylla

Edited: 2:25 pm, April 17, 2012
Sunderland
reviews: 27
3. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Was going to add that you have chosen a nice hotel in a fantastic position right by the sea , shops ,restaurants and bars .

Also , Puerto , in my opinion , is the best resort for a lazy , laid back holiday .

Lancashire
4. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi,

Thanks for all your help and advice, will just get on and book the holiday and stop worrying.

Much appreciated !

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
reviews: 20
5. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Good ! anything else you want to know about this area ...please just ask ...

Enjoy

Sylla

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
reviews: 134
6. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi, this is one of the lovest hotels in Puerto, which is a traditional local town and resort. The front rooms over look a small black sand beach and bay, there is a main road between the sea front and the hotel. The rear rooms over look the pool, tennis courts and gardens, with Mt. Teide in the distance.

The hotel is at one end of the traffic free sea front, a short walk to a shopping centre and large lido complex.

I am sure you will have a lovely holiday.

Chester
reviews: 35
7. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

We stayed at this hotel last October on the 2nd floor corner room and All Inc.

I love the Bahia chain of hotles but felt let down at this one.

Room was on the back lefthand side, this was a huge room but all we could hear was the generator/ compressor which is housed to the left of the hotel.

Had to pay for bottled water and 5 euro's for an ice bucket even though All Inc

Queues at breakfast most days 8:30 ish. One main restaurant and another that alternates cuisine every other day.

Positives, great location near the lido and restaurants.

I would go here again but only B&B

2 hotels I would recommend are the El Tope which is 5 mins from the Bahia and is situated between the sea front and La Paz area, from the El Tope you can go down in to town or up to the quiter area of La Paz. The El Tope is not as plush as the Bahia but I have alway found the staff very good and the food pleasant.

I would recommend the Botanico hotel which is in the La Paz area ( 10-20 mins walk to sea front) the food is very good but expensive so eat out.If you can push the boat out go for an Ambassador suit, these generally over look the 9 hole golf putting course

Lancashire
8. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi,

I did look at the Botanico hotel but booked the San Filipe, upgraded to a suite and requested a high floor with pool view , so hopefull wil not have any problems.

Will e-mail hotel before we go to request high floor as suggested by Sylla.

Thanks again for the help

Tullulah

Lancashire
9. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

oops !

can't spell Felipe.......

Chester
reviews: 35
10. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Our corner room suite was on the back so as to get the evening sun.

When viewed from the pool it was on the right of the building I mention this because our room was a bedroom and sitting room and both patio doors on the same side of the balcony. Photo's of the suites show the room as one large open plan room with a patio door on both sides of the balcony, not sure which corner they are on.

The view straight ahead from your balcony is across to the El Tope and behind this is a very large tree and this is in the Orchid garden, which is worth a visit (5 - 10 min walk )

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz