We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who are Fly.co.uk

Which Tenerife hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Luxembourg
reviews: 504
Who are Fly.co.uk

I am delighted that my daughter wants to join us in Tenerife in February.

She has found the site mentioned above and they have times and dates and a price that suites her and me.

The flights are Ryan Air from Luton to Tenerife South. However looking at the booking process there does not seem to be any of those extra, extra fees for example checking luggage.

do these come up and bite you at the very end of the booking process?

I have no problem in using a third party company but wonder if after booking my daughter will be left to the mercy of Ryan Airs intimidating check in staff!

Who are Fly?

thanks as a father does worry about these things

107 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
91. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I accidentally flipped over to Fly.co.uk while attempting to book on the Flybe website and didn't realise. I was then "scammed" out of £107 cancellation fee, on top of excess baggage ( for 2 passengers) £60 each way. My booking with them had been cancelled by them, I thought. because of a mix-up withthe credit card payment, and then I used another site. I was then quite seriously pressured with threats of having to appear in court in Germany!! for the cancellation fee, and paid it eventually to get them off my back. Avoid this website like the plague! No wonder the German economy is so successful!

London, United...
92. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I recently booked flights to Florence via fly.co.uk, which were paid for up front, only to be told 8 weeks later that that the flight has been cancelled and it will take 6 weeks to get my money back. Given that I have paid for a hotel and due to depart in the new year I have had to purchase flights with another company.

They are extremely unhelpful about getting my money back and in future I would stick to booking directly with airlines. I've got a funny feeling I may never get my money back. Also given that they cancelled my flight they are still charging me bank charges. Never again, I thought Ryanair were bad!

Guatemala City...
reviews: 3
93. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I am currently being chased for cancellation fees of £100 plus £12.50 late charges for flights I never purchased as my card didn't go through (back in July). Despite my emails to them, they never respond and have now said they will refer this to their legal team for collection and I will have fo pay court fees in addition to the cancelation fee.

I am not currently living in the uk and have no intention of paying for something I never actually purchased.

Has anyone been pursued legally by this company? Any advise/experience is much appreciated.

Thanks

Bristol
reviews: 7
94. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I have had simialr problems with this company as reported here, with them asking for photos of my passport and credit card (which I of course have refused) in order to process my flights, which I have not actually had confirmed and therefore presume have not been booked - I am tempted just to cancel my credit card rather then risk them charging me cancellation fees and then having to go through the rigmarole of claiming these back (if I can). However, I am also concerned about them hassling me forever more and charging me with increasing amounts and threats to go to court. What will happen if I just ignore them and refuse to pay?

Bangkok, Thailand
95. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I have just been scammed by fly.co.uk as well. I booked a single ticket with them online and then they emailed me saying that they wanted me to send them a scanned copy of my passport and my credit card before they could complete the booking. Obviously I was suspicious of this phishing and called my bank. They advised me that this sounded like fraud and agreed that I should not send fly.co.uk the details.This meant that I had to cancel my booking. However, I am now liable for a cancellation fee of at least £100 and possibly the entire cost of the flight, £700, as I have cancelled the booking. Does anyone know who I can turn to for help and also how this fraudulent firm can be shut down?

Bangkok, Thailand
96. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

fly.co.uk's details- CEO Thomas Wagner, company address: Unister GmbH

Barfußgäßchen 11

04109 Leipzig

Germany

Hope this helps. The company emailed me this info. The are trying to steal money from me, so I would like to see Mr Wagner brought to justice.

Edited: 3:47 pm, April 07, 2013
Bristol
reviews: 7
97. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I complained to my credit card company immediately who closed my card and I've just found out that they have removed the charge as fraudulent.

London, United...
98. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I too have been scammed by Fly.co.uk. I tried to book a flight to Jersey and they issued a confirmation of booking but not the ticket. Now nearly an year on, they are asking for a large cancellation fee. Their terms and conditions say that cancellations need to be done in writing. I never wrote cancelling the flight and the first time I came aware was when they started asking for a cancellation fee. I am taking this matter to appropriate authorities.

London, United...
99. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

I too have been scammed by Fly.co.uk. I tried to book a flight to Jersey and they issued a confirmation of booking but not the ticket. Now nearly an year on, they are asking for a large cancellation fee. Their terms and conditions say that cancellations need to be done in writing. I never wrote cancelling the flight and the first time I came aware was when they started asking for a cancellation fee. I am taking this matter to appropriate authorities.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz
reviews: 1
100. Re: Who are Fly.co.uk

It is a shame that nearly 2 years on from the start of this thread that people are still reporting that they have or are still not getting what they have paid for. I just hope for all that have had problems with this company spread the word to others so that nobody else has to suffer what they have.:0(

Sparhawk1

Reply to: Who are Fly.co.uk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted