We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reports - Lanzarote

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus
reviews: 107
Trip Reports - Lanzarote

Hello All,

I have noticed that many wonderful Trip Reports get lost after a while in the numerous pages of our forums.

This is a sticky, where I’m kindly asking you to post your trip reports. That way, all of them will be gathered in one place and future visitors will be able to refer to them when planning their anticipated trips.

If you've done one recently then please post a link to your original trip report so they're not lost.

Thank you very much for helping us to make the forums better and more informative.

Happy travels, Miss_C

33 replies to this topic
Alnwick, United...
reviews: 35
31. Re: Trip Reports - Lanzarote

Happy belated birthday to you to Danny, we had a fab holiday as we always do when we're in Lanzarote, we caught the service bus to Costa Teguise and it only cost us only a few euro's, its a lovely resort much nicer than we expected, we prefer CT to Playa Blanca.

Our paths may well of crossed Danny bet it was your table that won the quiz in Owl & Pussycat! haha.

One of these days us October regulars might all meet up, how good would that be.

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 75
32. Re: Trip Reports - Lanzarote

We prefer CT to PB also Bam Bam, much nicer vibe to the resort we feel

Glad you enjoyed the Owl and Pussycat, we always enjoy the quiz there, DJ gary does one in the New Galleon on a Wed & Fri but it's aimed more for telly addicts...still good fun though if you ever fancy trying that

Happy Holidays

Danny

Kenmare, Ireland
reviews: 10
33. Re: Trip Reports - Lanzarote

Just back from staying at a friends apartment at Morromar in Matagorda. 1st time there for me and my partner. We found the hotel great for our needs. 5 min walk from the beach and restaurants which suited us. Some nice places to eat. We tried both chinese's and found them both great, service and food. The Matagorda Grill was very nice with lovely food and friendly service. The food at La Brisa was average, however the service was not very good. You don't even get a smile. We really liked Matagorda as it is small with a great beach and pedestrianised front. The Spar is very cheap for food ect if you are self catering. We had the worst pint of Guiness we have ever had at the Auld Triangle, and the most expensive. It tasted off or like the pipes needed cleaning. Very disappointing for an Irish bar. Over all we had a great time the only serious moan I have is nothing to do with the resort but people. As a mother (son now grown) I do not understand why parents take very very young children to a hot country. It can only be for selfish reasons. We had a coach trip spoilt by crying babies (couldn't hear the guide at all!) and couldn't relax around the hotel pool, again because of children screaming. I saw one very young baby who was in a pushchair next to the mother sunbathing when we left the hotel every day and in the same position when we got back each day. Also very young children running around by the pool who were not being watched by parents at all. As a responsible parent I was constantly on edge ready to jump up if they got too close to the water as their own parents didn't seem bothered. I know everyone deserves a holiday but why can't people be sensible and choose a holiday to fit around their children.

Reply to: Trip Reports - Lanzarote
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted