We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auto Reisen collection

Belfast, United...
reviews: 10
Auto Reisen collection

Anyone know the procedure for collecting a car at the airport? we have a very active 3 year old and can do without having to wait in a long queue to collect. Any tips would be great. I have heard that you process paperwork airside and collect keys landside??

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Auto Reisen collection

No way of knowing how busy they will be or the queue length, but I have seen quite long ones sometimes. As far as I know everything is completed in arrivals airside. (Cabrera Medina certainly are). The car hire desks are in the baggage reclaim hall. They can be accessed by both airside and landside.

Info on the airport website and a link to a map showing you where the desk is.

aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/…Auto-Reisen.html

Co. Kildare,
reviews: 11
2. Re: Auto Reisen collection

You can do all the paperwork & get your keys airside, before going through to the arrivals hall. When we travel, one of us goes straight to auto reisen while the other waits to get the bags. We're usually ready around the same time.

Hereford, England...
reviews: 60
3. Re: Auto Reisen collection

I use autoreisen all the time, if your quick get straight off the flight and go straight there to the desk airside. You will sign a couple of forms pay with your credit card and job done! usually takes 10-15 mins in my experience and they are very good too. You will be given the keys at the same desk. You can actually use either side airside or public side.

Edited: 5:07 pm, October 13, 2012
Dunstable, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Auto Reisen collection

just back all the other car hire kiosks were empty apart from AuroReisen we had to queue for about an hour to get our car. I noted 3 planes had landed from the UK about the same time 11-00am on a Thursday.

Dunstable, United...
reviews: 19
5. Re: Auto Reisen collection

oops i mean1600 on a Thursday. I think carousel's were quite full, planes from Edinburgh / Manchester and us from Luton.

But deal includes;- return with same fuel, free second driver, full insurance, clean reliable cars.

Lancashire, England
reviews: 29
6. Re: Auto Reisen collection

We use Autoreissen in Lanzarote 3-4 times a year and always pick up our keys airside while waiting for our luggage.

However, on this trip (we arrived on Monday 24 September, a quiet day for arrivals) they would not serve us until we had collected our luggage and gone through to the other side ... even though there was no one in the queue on either side. I controlled my frustration at the stupidity of it and fortunately when I went through there was still no queue (and I was rewarded with a free upgrade). From landing, including picking up luggage and getting keys, to driving off took just 35 minutes, a record for us.

Whether this change by Autoreisen was a one-off lapse in customer service or a new policy, who knows, but it doesn't create a good impression to customers.

Lanzarote, Spain
reviews: 12
7. Re: Auto Reisen collection

Hi

Does it really matter......you´re on holiday.....it´s not a matter of life or death...this is Lanzarote we move at a slower pace here ;)

Edited: 1:33 pm, October 18, 2012
Lancashire, England
reviews: 29
8. Re: Auto Reisen collection

No, it´s obviously not a matter of life or death. It's just that after a reasonably long day travelling the last thing anyone needs is any unnecessary hold ups.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Auto Reisen collection

And try telling that to a 3 year old who has just spent 4.5 hours on a plane whos only mission is to release that energy..so yes it does matter otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question.

10. Re: Auto Reisen collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 18, 2012