We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

Which Las Palmas de Gran Canaria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 43
Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

We intend getting the bus from Meloneras to Las palmas on one of the days during our holiday in Oct.

Where would the best place to get off the bus be for a wander, as it seems quite a big place.

We like atmospheric streets, bit of history, and a pavement cafe to sit at. maybe near the water to see the comings and goings. perhaps a couple of shops to look in.

Is there a hop on hop off bus that goes round the town.

England
1. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

I found this blog which is helpful

grancanariasunshine.com/2012/10/las-palmas-f…

England
2. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

This is a good thread too

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187472-i1192-k5…

London, England
reviews: 64
3. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

There are really two areas in LPA worth a visit.The old part, Vegueta where you have lovely Spanish Colonial style houses, the Christopher Columbus House, cathedral and Triana shopping area. Then at the other end of LPA is the 'commercial' end with shopping in Mesa y Lopez, Las Arenas shopping centre and Las Canteras Beach.

Taxis are cheap so not difficult to go from one end to the other.

England
4. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

so would it be best to get off the bus at the main bus station and get on the hop on hop ff to get our bearings then go back to the bit we liked the look of

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 52
5. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

In your place I would get off at the gua gua (wa wa) bus station. Lots of yellow local buses on your right and a beautiful theatre on your left just after a sharp turn off the main road. You will have seen the Cathedral on your left just before.

Then explore the Vegueta. It closes for siesta so get that done by Lunchtime.. There are some nice old colonial style buildings, now museums, but last time I went if you didn't at least read Spanish you are very limited.

Siesta time get a taxi - or a gua gua if you are brave - to Parque Santa Catalina. From there head for the Playa Canteras for lunch . Don't have a dessert as there are some super cake places along the beach. Shopping is nearby either at El Corte Ingles or the Muelle shopping centre by the cruise terminal. Then you can catch the bus all the way back from the bus station at the Muelle. Nice day out, you will not be able to do everything so either another day or better still another stay on the island.

England
6. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

Thanks Manzana.

Do you mean you can get the bus back to Meloneras from the Muelle bus station rather than going back to the main bus station first ?

Those cakes sound nice. I've recently lost 2 stone and it looks like i'm gona be back to square one by the end of this trip.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
7. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

The buses from the bus station at Muelle Uno also known as Santa Catalina, go to the bus station in Maspalomas. Boundaries being as vague a they are in Spain that is Meloneras as well.

We love the Hotel isabel for afternoon tea and cake but we found a Swiss cafe a little further along which looks unpromising and old fashioned but........ well we will go back! I just wish i could lose 2 stone first.

England
8. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

Thanks Manzana.

Do we have to walk from the H10 Meloneras palace to Maspalomas bus station. How long does that take and where is it please.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
9. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

I think the H10 is behind Meloneras Playa and I would guess a twenty minute walk at least. As far as I know the only alternative is a taxi but maybe someone who has stayed there can help.

Great Italian restaurant just below the hotel.

England
10. Re: Where to get off bus to see "best" bit of Las Palmas

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Las Palmas de Gran...