We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Which Gran Canaria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 80
Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Has anyone heard or been to Club Puerto Atlantico in Arguineguin, Gran Canaria?

There is a deal on 'letsgocanaries' and we can't find any reviews.

I believe this is usually a timeshare resort but they are doing a special offer through travel agents for a regular package holiday. Its quite cheap and self catering but just wondered if anyone had either heard of it or stayed there?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Gran Canaria, Spain
1. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Yes i know where you mean they are fine they are timeshare ( you could caught up in them trying to sell you one so just be aware ) - you could also look at may be getting better deals with a hotel half board and that would save self catering. other nice areas to stay are Mogan and also look at Meloneras ( you are not far from the huge maspalomas beach there ) . Arguinegen is also very popular with scandinavians as well as the British both in the summer and winter many have houses there.

More about Arguinegen here :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arguineguin

London
2. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Thank you very much

We have booked it as it was too good a deal I think at £200 for the week inclduing flights etc.

Yeah, we're well prepared for being sold a timeshare but have come across this in the past and always managed to just sit and look like an idiot until they leave us alone... ha ha

Thanks for the advice though - appreciate it.

So, the Club Puerto Atlantica is okay though yeah? I'll write the first review when we get back..

Gran Canaria, Spain
3. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Club Puerto Atlantica is fine .

London
4. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

We are due to go to Club Puerto Atlantico too through 'letsgocanaries' on the 27th August 2007.

Also do u think that the room that the advertise on the site is the room that we actually get ?

Finally do you know what the beach is really like?

Do you have any idea how you will get from Las Palma Airport to the resort?

Sorry for all the Questions!!!!

We will write a review after our visit :)

London
5. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

We've just received a phonecall from Letsgocanaries telling us that due to a large number of complaints about the Club Puerto Atlantico they are not sending us there next Monday but instead we are to go to a place called Palm Oasis in Maspalomas

Anyone heard of it?

Anyone know what the complaints are about in Club Puerto? or are we being fobbed off?

Gran Canaria, Spain
6. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Palm oasis Maspalomas you either love or hate look in the search for that as there have been lots about that this last week or so.

London
7. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

Thanks very much

I searched the Grand Canary forum and can't find anything recently.

Was there any posts that you think I should read?

Thanks - really appreciate the advice

atlanta
8. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

i am also looking at going to the Palm Oasis next year. did you go? what did you think of it? is it directly on the ocean?

thanks

yorkshire
reviews: 3
9. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

sorry to bother you but we have booked to go to club puerto atlantico in july this year. Could you please let me know what you thought of it last year and also how you got fron the airport.

Thanks michelle

wales
reviews: 5
10. Re: Club Puerto Atlantico, Arguineguin

we are due to have a weeks holiday here next week. will post on our return.

what I will say is that it appears to be time share apartments rented out to the package market inexpensively in return for a few hours of your time at the resort having a guided tour and presentation. I was unhappy about this as it was not fully explained when we booked the holiday and paid in full over the phone and it wasn't until we received the contract that we realised we might be in for the 'hard sell'. We expressed our dissatisfaction to letsgocanaries the tour operator who explained it was a five star resort for a good price. so we shall reserve judgement and let you know how it goes in a few weeks time