We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from los cristianos

Which San Sebastian de la Gomera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milford Haven...
reviews: 18
day trip from los cristianos

hiya,

travelling to pdla for 2 weeks on 10th march.

we are very interested in taking the ferry from los crist to la gomera for the day, probably on the 9am ferry and returning on the 5.30 ferry.

we do not drive and so will be foot passangers, so will only be staying round the area of san sabastian.

we like to just stroll around, prefrebly in little quiet back streets, finding little hidden tavernas for a bite to eat.

i cant seem to find any information, so that is why i am asking here.

dont mind sitting in like a town square watching the world go by, and just taking in the atmosphere of people going about their daily life. would this area suit us, or do you think it would be a waste of time going??

thank you in advance for anyone who can advise.

thanks dawn

8 replies to this topic
uk
Destination Expert
for San Sebastian de la Gomera, La Gomera
reviews: 19
1. Re: day trip from los cristianos

Hello Dawn - definately not a waste of time. I think you'll appreciate the huge difference between San Sebastian and LOs Cristianos. The pace of life is much slower. Very untouristy. plenty of little bars, restaurants, seats along the sea front and in the park to while away the time. It's a small place so in a day you'll easily cover all there is to see. You may even fancy taking a taxi up to Degollada de Peraza to get some decent views from the tops or perhaps just a return trip to La Laja (about 10 kms) on the 1pm local mini bus from the bus station. Maybe it'll give you a taste to return for longer another time.

jevvy

Milford Haven...
2. Re: day trip from los cristianos

jevvy,

thank you so very much for your speedy reply, that sounds very much what we were hoping for. it has been very hard for me to find information, im sure it is on the computer somewhere, but i am rubbish on these things, but what i did find was information on a marina. would that be close to where the ferry docks, or is that seperate?

we live close to milford haven marina in pembrokeshire, and we love to walk round there looking at what we cant afford, so if this marina is close by it would be nice to walk round for an hour or so.

i would imagine that alot of people who come over go on the coach trips.

i cant wait now. thanks ever so much jevvy your'e a star

uk
Destination Expert
for San Sebastian de la Gomera, La Gomera
reviews: 19
3. Re: day trip from los cristianos

The marina is right next to where the ferry comes in (It's not very large) and you walk past it to get to the town. Maybe you'l find something affordable there! If you fancy sailing from there, I can recommend www.canarysail.com - a british run company with 6 yachts in the marina offering some fantastic sailing around the islands and all levels of skill training.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 94
4. Re: day trip from los cristianos

Excellent timing Dawn, the special offer has been extended and as a non-resident you can do the round trip for just €28 each. …wordpress.com/2013/…

Enjoy.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Milford Haven...
5. Re: day trip from los cristianos

jevvy, my experience on a boat is a booze cruise lol. i love looking at them, but rob had a boat many years ago and just used if for fishing, but nice to look around. i have actually just been looking at you tube, it dosent show a great deal as it was a video of the fiesta, but just looking at the buildings gives me an idea of what the place is like and we will deffo be coming over.

aguilas,

what would i do without your help? you are a true star. 1 question tho. if say i walked down to the harbout in los cris say on monday 11th would i be able to book lets say book and pay for the wednesday ferry??

if you are not sure dont worry as we are down that way most days, we usually call for a dorada at that bar that looks like a burger van.

well thats one day out sorted, now to sort out los abrigos and el medano, whick dok has given me loads of advise about.

thanks both, and if you think of something i should do, see, eat or drink i am open to anything. i will keep checking this thread.

cheers dawn

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 94
6. Re: day trip from los cristianos

Dawn you will certainly have NO PROBLEM booking your ticket from the harbour office for whatever day you feel like going. The girls there speak good English too which is a bonus.

Have a look at the restaurant page on my blog which will give you some ideas of places to eat. There is a link to the home page at the end of the post. This is my current favourite in El Medano …wordpress.com/2013/…

and in Los Abrigos it has got to be Placeres. If you like tapas then down to Palm Mar, if you have a car, if not it is a bit more difficult doing it by public transport.

I am now getting ready for my own hols so have a great time and do let us have all the details of what you get up to when you get back from yours xx.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Milford Haven...
7. Re: day trip from los cristianos

aguilas,

have just spent a couple of hours reading your blogs. very informative and i have noted the carnival parade in los cris on the 10th. we land at 11.20 so we will deffo head to los cris once unpacked.

you have a brilliant holiday.

sorry tho i couldn't possibly give you ALL the details of what we get up to. they would close the tenerife forum down lol.

we do not drive so will rely on taxi's to get to los abrigos and el medano. dok has suggested that we do that on a saturday and get a taxi to el medano first and then walk round to los abrigos. i found a map upstairs today and it looks a bit of a way to walk unless its a huge scale. its one of those free maps you get in the airport advertising the pearls. any way im sure we will sort it. i know we could get the bus but victor meldrew (rob) hates public transport, so for a quiet life we will get a taxi lol

reviews: 74
8. Re: day trip from los cristianos

Is that offer still open in September 2014?

Reply to: day trip from los cristianos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian de la...
More San Sebastian de la Gomera Topics