We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Which Fuerteventura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 1
Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Hi,

I've recently found some excellent deals for Fuerteventura this Summer. The hotels and the beaches look beautiful but i'm concerned that it wont be lively enough. We often go to Tenerife and absolutely love it but looking for somewhere new to try. Im 27 and my parnter is 31, we enjoy long walks in the afternoons, shopping, good food in the evening followed by cocktails in a lively bar with preferably some live music. Can someone please recommend a suitable resort (if any) .

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 132
1. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Whereabouts in Tenerife do you usually stay? There's nowhere really like Playa de las Americas in Fuerteventura - it's generally quieter than there, but there's still plenty to do. You'd probably be better looking at Corralajo as it's livelier that Caleta, but both have their positives.

The beaches are, in my opinion, much nicer than in South Tenerife and there are some really lovely walks. There are loads of choices of bars / restaurants etc and we always manage to find somewhere with live music.

I think that Fuerteventura reminds me more of Lanzarote (pace-wise) than Tenerife. You get far fewer groups of singles at Fuerteventura so the pace is a little more laid-back.

Where are you thinking of staying / what have you looked at so far?

J x

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Thanks for your reply! You've definately pushed me a little bit more into booking! Just got back from Tenerife and have the holiday blues! Iv stayed in Las Americas, Costa Adeje, LC , Fanabe and Golf del Sur (Costa Adeje being my favourite and the Golf my least as it was far too quite!) Also been to Puerto del Carmen in Lanzarote which I enjoyed and would go back but for the price I think the accomodation in Fuerteventura looks much nicer! What are the restaurants like in terms of variety in Corralajo and are you able to walk into neighbouring resorts?

scotland
reviews: 117
3. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

>are you able to walk into neighbouring resorts?< No ,and will be notrhing like Tenerife have a look at this link www.fuerteventura.com/Corralejo/index.shtml and sunnyfuerteventura.com/corralejo/index.html

Southampton, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Corralejo should do you just fine. Its about as lively as I would ever like to see a resort which is why I love Fuerteventura. You will find many varied restaurants to choose from.

Have a look on google map and you will see how far apart the resorts are and how built up they aren't :)

http://goo.gl/maps/Tqpq2

Bp Auckland
reviews: 26
5. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

Ceri, if you are looking for lively then Corralejo will be nearest to it, Caleta and Jandia are quieter, and Calma and El Cotillo are tranquillity itself, there'll still be lot of people about but no teens in groups.

BUT, the isle of Fuerteventura is beautiful, far more so than Tenerife, the beautiful beaches are all pretty much untouched with very few hotels looking over the beaches, i'd advise you to give it a go and see the most stunning beaches in the Canaries,

Corralejo for the nightlife and a lovely beach or quieter Jandia for long walks and a massive and stunning beach.

west midlands, uk
reviews: 7
6. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

I agree Corralejo is your best bet, it's the most liveliest resort, but very chilled out and nothing like Tenerife and as mentioned a similar pace to Lanzarote.

There's plenty to do and see in Corralejo, bars, restaurants on one long main road.

Staying in Corralejo, also gives you the opportunity to visit Lanzarote by boat for the day if you wanted.

You can see Lanzarote in the distance from Corralejo.

A Must visit whilst staying in Corralejo are the sand dunes and Flag and Oliva Beach near to the 2 RIU Hotels. Truly stunningly beautiful beaches with greeny/blue sea, that could rival the Carribean anyday. The beaches in this area combined go on for about 7 miles, they go on and on and are never crowded.

7. Re: Fuerteventura or not??? Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 13, 2014