We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
First timer

Hi am thinking of going to Menorca in August with my hubby & 8 year old daughter.....can anyone recommend an apartment complex near beach & shops etc. that has a kids disco & entertainment. Hubby doesnt want anything too big & noisy. Also does anyone know of anywhere that is self catering but gives you the option to upgrade to all inclusive, We are thinking of going for 3 wks but know we wont be able to afford all inc for that length of time. I know im asking for a lot but any help would be much appreciated, thanks...

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: First timer

Three weeks is a lovely idea if you have a hire car and like exploring the non touristy areas but to be honest it may get a bit "samey" staying in one resort for that long. Also most packages are for max two weeks.

Please get your husband to look at the various resort info accessed on the Top Question section of the forum page with you and between you get an idea of which resort(s) attract you first off , if you come back with that info and perhaps a shortlist we can then give you some ideas

Level Contributor
228 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: First timer

You will be able to book for that length of time if booking your accommodation separately i.e not as a package deal.

My advice would be to look up flights that suit (but don't book at that point), then look at all the accommodation websites (travel republic, alpharooms, thomas cook, thomson etc) and see if you can find accommodation to match the flight dates.

I've spent longer than that in one area of Menorca in the summer and not felt that it was too long at all. I guess it depends what you want out of your holiday. Some people are happy just to kick back and take life at a slower pace and what better place to do that?!

As for recommendations, I think that depends a lot on your budget and criteria. Perhaps staying that length of time you're looking for a comfortable/luxurious base with everything you need, or perhaps your'e trying to get something as cheap as possible in order to stretch to 3 weeks?

The best priced aparthotels seem to be coming up around the Cala Blanca area on the sites mentioned above. Not a bad base as you can easily get to and from Ciutadella and to the other west coast resorts with a regular bus service (or a lovely long coastal walk!).

Good luck, I hope you find something to suit.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
780 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: First timer

Package holidays offer the sort of kiddies' facilities that you are looking for but in August it will be difficult to find a three week duration, they make more money selling 7 and 14 nights. If you book independently, even if the accommodation is in the Thomas Cook or Thomsons brochures, it doesn't entitle you to use their children's clubs.

Have a look at Cala n Bosch, the Viva Menorca or Paradise Club.

I now have three weeks in the summer but I've built up to it, for a first timer three weeks may be too long.

Level Contributor
1,359 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: First timer

If there are airports convenient to you both Monarch and EasyJet do holidays or flights plus accommodation at good prices that can accommodate any length of stay. You will find loads of choice. Have a look and then do some research on the resorts. There are not that many that match your exact requirements but I am sure you will find at least one to suit.

Level Contributor
1,484 posts
5. Re: First timer

I suspect caroliner is right and dettorifan 's suggestions are also worth looking at.

Of course you could an stay in 2 places? 3 weeks as a first stay in a place/ resort ( island ) that you might not like is quite a risk :-)?

Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: First timer

julie, i would not worry about AI , i would go SC , you get the choice to eat when ever you want. when you want.

i have been to menorca the last two years and would consider it the best place we have ever visited for quility of food and price.

with your child at that age look at calan bosch maybe paradice club great for children and in a good location to enjoy the resort.

plus and a big plus the bus stop to cuitadella is right outside these apartments and a must visit place day or night.

have a great time.

7. Re: First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 02, 2014