We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf club son parc

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
YORKSHIRE
Golf club son parc

Does anyone know if what I am hearing is true the golf club is not renewing memberships and the staff are uncertain of there futures

Surely they cannot be closing the golf course this would effect son parc and the island big time

Any comments ?....

26 replies to this topic
London, United...
11. Re: Golf club son parc

Hi - the golf course and restaurant are currently closed. The person I asked spoke to a member of staff who said they would let them know as soon as there was any news.

Hemel Hempstead...
12. Re: Golf club son parc

Have heard from resident in son parc that golf course is closed and all staff laid off all eqiupment locked away no work on course and already looks very sad. Surley menorca cannot afford to let this happen

John

owner Vista Golf

YORKSHIRE
13. Re: Golf club son parc

That's a real shame we have an apartment facing the driving range in green park village son parc surely the only golf course on the island isn't closeing

That would leave yet again a large void on the island we have always said to them lower the price more would play

Cheshire
reviews: 51
14. Re: Golf club son parc

Latest information today from Menorca is that golf Son Parc will be reopening shortly under new ownership.

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 26
15. Re: Golf club son parc

My father was one of the owners of this club many years ago.... It would be very sad to see its demise. I remember the tortuous planning applications to get it from 9 to 18 holes and the very real problems with GOB. lets hope Club de Golf Son Parc lives one..... I have very fond memories (and I learned to play golf there under the tutelege of 'Pete the Pro' if anyone remembers! :)

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 36
16. Re: Golf club son parc

I hope so too. I do not play myself but know that having it on the island is an attractant for those who do even if they are not expecting to play all the time they are on their holidays.

If it didn't reopen then presumably it would have quite a big impact on the tourism in the immediate vicintiy this summer which is the last thing the island needs at a time when things are already suffering because of the recession. I thought that the local authorities were trying to increase the numbers of higher spending tourists coming to the island not put them off by allowing a resourselike this to go downhill ,so I hope they will be pro-active in keeping it going.

Edited: 5:22 am, January 27, 2013
Cheshire
reviews: 51
17. Re: Golf club son parc

My information comes from Paola Ferroni herself at Golf Son Parc and Dave Thomas Ltd the designer of the course. I have sone friends who work for the Consell Insular so will post more news as I receive it.

Son Parc ,menorca
reviews: 6
18. Re: Golf club son parc

Hi all yes son parc golf club has closed , every one laid off , we are playing for free until the grass grows too long , then that's it, no one knows what's next.

UK
reviews: 22
19. Re: Golf club son parc

There was talk last year of a desire/plans for an other course, which is what they need if they want to attract golf holidaymakers as it gives a bit of variety and more tee times. It will be a shame if Son Parc goes as it has taken a long time to get it to its current standard. Nobby take your lawn mower with you next time:)

Falkirk, United...
reviews: 3
20. Re: Golf club son parc

There is a new post on Youtube done by a professional production company, so whoever has taken over is advertising.

Here's the link.

http://youtu.be/VGCytRU6VaQ

Reply to: Golf club son parc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Minorca