We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 37
For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Hi guys, the forum is very flat at the moment so this is a "no point really" thread just to possibly prompt some posts from regulars.

The question is, "Who is organised enough to already know when they will be on the island in 2013?". Where are you all staying and why? It would also be nice to know if anyone is planning on returning to the island in 2013 having stayed for the first time last season because they had such a nice time.

London, United...
21. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

We've taken a long term let for the whole of the summer from March in Coves Noves to share some weeks with family and friends, just looking at flights now. Disappointed to see that this year the number of flights doesn't increase until May, not even with Monarch....so looking at options via Barcelona for early spring. Not good to boost tourism on the island early season. We've got a great deal, but not sure how it will work out...could be the best or worst idea I've ever had....!!

Chester, United...
reviews: 27
22. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Hi Meno-Fan,

We are in the N West and our best option for earlier flights has been the dreaded Ryanair from East Mids or Easyjet from Gatwick!

kent
23. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

I think low cost to barcelona / madrid is best option April or before. Ryanair and Vueling connect to Mahon

Chester, United...
reviews: 27
24. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

I just booked April flights direct with Ryanair from East Mids for £80.00 return. Cheapest flights I've ever had. Can't believe that connecting in Barcelona will ever be easier or less expensive than that.

Mansfield, United...
reviews: 14
25. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

First time visitors 17th June for a week flying from donny airport

Really looking forward to it. Staying in son bou. Plan to chill and not do a great deal except the usual pool antics and games.

Looking to maybe do a coastal boat trip in a small boat which only seats about a dozen folks or so if anyone has any recommendations in this area please let me know.

Don't usually hire cars but after some good advice on how easy it is to navigate Minorca I might try a day or so.

Scotland
reviews: 20
26. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Hi, myself, my boyfriend and our four children are travelling in August for seven nights, we are staying at The Almirante Farragut. We have not stayed at this hotel before so hoping we have made a good choice. We were in Cala n Forcat last year and stayed at the Los Delfines. Enjoyed the resort so much we wanted to return. We did not however have time last year to travel into Ciutadella, so we are hoping to do so on this visit, any advice on what bars & restaurants to visit once in Ciutadella ?

many thanks TTGV

Birmingham
reviews: 5
27. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

No visit for us this year! It will be the first year we have not been since 2008, but already making plans to return in 2014. Have a great holiday all who are going!

kent
28. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Spring flights - my remark ' best ' above should have probably been better written as 'most choices' and only choice before April besides Gatwick Monrach flight on fridays :-)

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
29. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

Hi, visiting Menorca in July 2013 for the first time, staying at Hi Los Delfines apartments in CnF, would really appreciate any recommendations though.

england
reviews: 15
30. Re: For fun - who is on the island and when in 2013?

In Menorca 6- 20 August for 16th year! Flights booked and hoping to do 4 nights Cala Galdana and 10 nights Cala'n Bosch. Can't wait.

Get answers to your questions about Minorca