We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to Minorca.

Which Minorca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
reviews: 14
first visit to Minorca.

Hello everyone.

We are looking at coming to Minorca for the first time next June or September for a week all inclusive but as we have never been before I was just wondering which resort would suit us better being 4 adults and 2 kids of 3 and 5 years old?

We would still like to sample the local cuisine and night life even though we would be all inclusive as we do like to get out and about.

Has anyone got any favorite hotels or apartments that they think would suit us.

I do my fair share of planning using trip advisor etc and find it a very good tool but anyone's personal favorites and why would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ps which month do people prefer? June or September. Budget is fairly liberal but prob not 5 star this time. Looking for more value than anything else. Cheers.

Mansfield, United...
11. Re: first visit to Minorca.

still keeping our options open men reg.

the valentin son bou was recommended to me by someone who stayed there last year and they enjoyed it a lot. the location didnt really bother him too much and they have a bus that ferries people to the beach and back and he said the overall standard and food was more than adequate.

i never hire cars on holiday if i can help it (only in florida as it really is essential) so just a little bit of variety outside the hotel walls would be preferred ie a couple of restaurants and quiet bars would be fine for us.

like i say, just gonna try minorca this time as we usually stay in malta and fancied a bit of a change. i have been to mallorca many times and do like that island but minorca being a lot quieter would suit us better now.

cheers for all the replies. b.t.s

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 38
12. Re: first visit to Minorca.

A personal recommendation from someone whose tastes you know and share is worth several reviews, so I would keep that hotel on your short list.

Re car hire, the roads on Menorca are really easy to drive on ( and I say that as someone who is nervous both as a driver AND a passenger on foreign roads if they are at all scary) so do take your driving licences with you in case one of you changes your mind. One of two days car hire could well work out cheaper than paying for a couple of excursions for 4 adults and some little ones and having your own wheels is the best way of seeing the island independently as the buses although cheap and clean don't always run at times that you want.

Mansfield, United...
13. Re: first visit to Minorca.

Well.. we booked the Valentin son bou last night for the week com 17th June.

Booked all inc with first choice and I think we got a bargain of £2008 for 2 rooms with 2 adults and 1 child in each.

I kept looking everyday on the web sites and it paid off because the prices do literally change daily. A day either side of our departure was over a thousand quid dearer.

So.. looking forward to coming and here's to a good holiday and may I take this opportunity to thank everyone who posted for their help.

Cheers b.t.s

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
14. Re: first visit to Minorca.

Well done - I discovered a year or so ago that fiddling with the departure dates ( even if the website claimed to give a 3 day either way search) sometimes made huge differences to tour operators prices. I hope that you enjoy the island

P.S. my previous comments on trying a hire car still stand!

kent
15. Re: first visit to Minorca.

My friend who works in the industry says just like the airline pricing they are determined by computer programs trying to maximise, so do not be surprised at prices getting better/worse frequently with no apparent logic to you x

Mansfield, United...
16. Re: first visit to Minorca.

Just having a mooch at google earth and I see there is a bowling centre in son bou. When you click on the photos it looks like there are quite a few shops/bars/restaurants in the purpose built units surrounding the bowling place. Am I correct in thinking this?

Only going for a week but we do like to get out of the hotel a few nights so hopefully it will be a nice spot to relax around there.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 2
17. Re: first visit to Minorca.

hi

have a look on vpike.com and u can take a trip around menorca and see exactly where ur going and wahts there. really useful when undecided which resort to chose

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
18. Re: first visit to Minorca.

I have just looked at that site ( vpike.com http://www.vpike.com/?place=menorca+&submit=Street+View ) and you can indeed look at the various resorts and towns although the pictures were taken out of season in March 2011 so do not expect to see lots of happy tourists! You need to pan out on the righthandside map to get the whole island showing and then drag the little man to the resort or wherever you want to see and then zoom back in again to view everything - very handy

kent
19. Re: first visit to Minorca.

yes, that is part of the central commercial area-across the road are more

20. Re: first visit to Minorca.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 31, 2014