We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

Which Ibiza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 28
October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

Tied by school hols, we are looking at 25 october for this. We are looking for nicely warm like a nice summer day in the UK rather then hot and sweaty

Is it worth looking at Ibiza or do we need to look further away?

If Ibiza is plausible, I have a hotel in mind in Portinatx (President) and the resort looks beautiful, we want to chill and maybe bus to a couple of local towns during our stay .... would Santa Elulia be a better choice as I have read Portinatx is like an absolute ghost town and while we are not looking for bars or clubs, markets and shops and somewhere to stroll in the evening would be nice (although in October I'm guessing it will be dark by 6)

What do you think? Thanks in advance

10 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
1. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

chill:

Here is October weather:

holiday-weather.com/ibiza/averages/october

I have been to Santa Eulalia and enjoyed it very much.

Southampton, United...
2. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

thanks - do you think they will still be doing banana boats/pedalos/ glass bottom boat at end of October?

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
reviews: 102
3. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

The smaller resorts will be very quiet that week as it's the last week of the season. Most of the beach concessions will be closed. We often struggle to find beach beds at that time of year. Portinatx is a beautiful resort and well worth visiting.

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
reviews: 1
4. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

I would stay in Santa Eulalia and visit Portintx,

Southampton, United...
5. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

Is Santa Eulalia a bigger resort, ie might still have a few beach activities going on and somewhere to walk along ie a prom or something and a few restaurants and shops?

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
reviews: 102
6. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

It's a much bigger town the 3rd biggest on the island with quite quite a large population. That's where I stay and as bradfordian said, I visit Portinatx, its about a 30 minute drive. You cant be sure about the beach activities because if the weather turns wet in early October they will just close up early. I don't know of glass bottom boat trip from Santa Eulalia but there are regular boats running to Es Cana, Cala Pada, Cala Llonga Ibiza town and Formentera. There are also good bus links from Santa Eulalia. A few years back we had 7 days of glorious sunshine in the last week and went home on the day the clocks went back.

If you interested in Santa Eulalia this map shows hotels, restaurants, beaches etc in the area - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Phil

Derbyshire
reviews: 9
7. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

We have been to Ibiza a few times in October and have had good weather each time. Last year we were in Es Cana for 12 days between 11th and 23rd and it was absolutely glorious, as hot as it had been in July. The previous year we stayed at the beginning and it was the same again. Think it could be hit and miss but we have never had bad weather. Perhaps we were just lucky.

Last year, we believe the bars etc. stayed open longer because the weather had been so good, they were just really closing when we came away on 23rd.

St. Elulia would be better than Portinatx in October.

London, England
reviews: 64
8. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

October is when the weather starts to change in the Med. You can be lucky and have lovely warm sunny days, but it could rain.

At that time of year I would definitely choose Sta Eularia over Portinatx as places will start to close down for the end of the season.

Southampton, United...
9. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

Thank you, so if we go, I think Sta Eulalia would be the better choice, as everyone has said. :)

I think I've heard that if it rains in the Balearics it tends to be only for an hour then clears up again, not in for the entire day (or two) like in Britain - would that still be the case in October?

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 7
10. Re: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?

We went to Hotel Presidente Portinatx October 18th to the 25th 2013 , the weather was great 25 - 28 degrees every day , a couple of cloudy mornings but sun out by midday , no rain , Hotel and resort very nice , half the bars had closed for the season but half still open. Great entertainment in Hotel. The walk down to beach ok but coming back steep hill or steep steps , two ways back up.

Reply to: October weather in Ibiza - and Santa Elulia or Portinatx?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted