We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards by public transport

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
reviews: 25
Vineyards by public transport

I'm going to be in San Sebastian later this summer and I'd quite like to visit a vineyard in the area. We will have a car, but obviously driving to a vineyard is not the best idea if I want to try the wine! Can anyone recommend one that's accessible by public transport or on foot?

5 replies to this topic
Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
1. Re: Vineyards by public transport

Well, "in the area" is a wide area. Do you want to visit the Rioja wine region (almost a two hour drive on a car) or you´d like to visit the Txakoli (Basque-generally white- wine) close to San Sebastian (half hour drive)? Also, expect to visit one winery in the morning and another one in the afternoon, visits in Rioja take around one-two hours per winery.

There´re no wineries on an "on foot" reach from San Sebastian, unless any neighbour has a small vineyard on the backyard of his house.

Sheffield
2. Re: Vineyards by public transport

In the area of San Sebastian, so the Txakoli ones would be ideal if there are any that can be reached by public transport.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
3. Re: Vineyards by public transport

Getaria would be your best option, a well known Txakoli winery is Txomin Etxaniz, you can get to Getaria by bus...but then you´d have to take a taxi from there. txominetxaniz.com/en/visit-us/visit-winery-t… Txakoli wineries are not as spectacular as those in Rioja and are much smaller, but the wine is very good. There are more options in the area, but as far as I know not by a bus or train stop, you´d always have to walk or take a taxi.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
4. Re: Vineyards by public transport

A complete list of Txakoli vineyards around this area can be found here: getariakotxakolina.com/en/bodegas-degustacio…

There is a map so you might be able to find one that is walkable distance from the bus stop in Getaria (or even Zarautz).

Sheffield
5. Re: Vineyards by public transport

Lovely, thank you.

Reply to: Vineyards by public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics