We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petretegi Cider House

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
reviews: 4
Petretegi Cider House

Hi,

We will be in San Sebastian in May 2014 and I would like to book to go for dinner at a cider house. I know that this is not the best season for the cider houses, but it seems that some are open all year. I am looking at booking Petretegi, but wanted to ask if people could recommend what time would be best to go when it will be nice and busy (it will be a Saturday night). I don't want to be typically British and arrive two hours before everybody else for dinner.

Any recommendations for a better option welcomed, but I know they are not all open in May.

Also - I presume its quite easy to get a taxi there from San Sebastian?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Vitoria-Gasteiz...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Petretegi Cider House

Hi,

yes, don't worry about getting a taxi from San Sebastian. I have been to Petritegi a couple of times and, although it may not have the charm of some smaller and more hidden cider houses, I really enjoyed it. As usual for basque cider houses, the cider and the food were of outstanding quality. Also, on the other side the advantage is that you will have many more ciders to choose from :) I think that a good time for dinner is 10 pm.

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Petretegi Cider House

If you go before 21:00 you will be the only ones there. A good Idea for you is to have a late lunch with pintxos so that you are not starving at 21:00,... If you arrive later than 10:30 with no booking you would risk having no table, as you have booked the time you arrive is fine.

If you would be my custommer (I'm a tourism guide) I would advice you to book at 21:00 as it will get more busy while you are being served and for anglosaxon spanish tend tobe very busy when places are very crowded.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 93
3. Re: Petretegi Cider House

A taxi from San Seb to Petritegi takes about ten minutes and is very cheap. There is also a bus that drops you at the bottom of the hill leading up to the sideria.

It's a great place. Food is terrific and the cider totally different to what I have ever tried before. The staff are also brilliant. I'd recommend it for sure.

Reply to: Petretegi Cider House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics