We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to travel from Biarritz to San Sebastian by bus, late-ish in the afternoon. All the info I could find here seems to suggest that only PESA buses go between the two, but I also found elsewhere that there are three buses a day from the Biarritz bus station, operated by ALSA. Would anybody have experience with these? Are they reliable? I'd be grateful for any advice

Many thanks

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
1. Re: ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

As far as I know, PESA is the only company operating on this route. There are some reviews on here about them: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187457-i622-k64…

There is also the train option. All the information can be found in the upper right corner of this page.

London
reviews: 35
2. Re: ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

The alternative would be to catch the train from Biarritz to Hendaye - it's a local service so no need to book ahead.

On arrival you cross to the adjacent Metro Donostialdea station, where a half-hourly train will take you into the heart of Donostia in about 40 minutes. The fare is only a few euros and you buy it from the machine. Note that the Metro uses the Euskadi (Basque) name of Donostia for San Sebastian - the main station is Donostia-Amara. As this is a private railway with no booking possible it doesn't show up on International journey planners or other railway websites.

www.metrodonostialdea.com

Edited: 4:59 am, October 10, 2013
London, United...
3. Re: ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

Many thanks for your feedback, BiarritzTaxi and wirewiper! Here is the link to ALSA buses that's confusing me:

alsa.es/en/buy-and-schedules/international/…

I suppose we'll just have to check it out and see what happens :)

4. Re: ALSA buses from Biarritz to San Sebastian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics