We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which 3 star restautant?

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 72
Which 3 star restautant?

Planning our trip to San Sebastian in November and we want to try one of the three, three star restaurants and are trying to decide (reservation availability dependant of course) which one.

All three look amazing - I'd welcome personal advice on which one you prefer. Would love to do all three but we're not in town for too long and want to balance with a few lower key nights bar hopping and enjoying the pinxos culture (plus I don't think our wallet will stretch!).

5 replies to this topic
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 247
1. Re: Which 3 star restautant?

I'm hoping to visit one of them myself this year. From the chat on the forums I think I'll go for lunch at Akellare as it has fantastic views from tables.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 12
2. Re: Which 3 star restautant?

I've only been to Akelare, so I can't compare it to the other two. It was probably the best dinner of my life - the cuisine and service were first-rate, as one would expect. We did choose it in part for the views over the bay, which were especially stunning at sunset. In November, it will already be dark when they open for dinner at 20:30, so lunch might be a better option then.

Northampton, MA
reviews: 29
3. Re: Which 3 star restautant?

Akelare or Mugaritz if I had my choice.

San Sebastian...
4. Re: Which 3 star restautant?

I would choose Mugaritz, even though it's only got two stars. The lack of the third is a local joke. It's the highest ranked in the Top 50, and for me the most sophisticated and innovative.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Which 3 star restautant?

Can I throw Martin Berasegetui into the mix? We went to both Akelare and Berasegetui and think the latter just pipped it food wise.

We're off to Mugaritz and Azurmendi next month!

Reply to: Which 3 star restautant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics