We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Hi I am making my first trip to Euope in August September this year and am not experienced with travelling at all! especially public transport

I will be in San sebastian for four days from 14th September to 17th September, and wish to travel on the 17th by rail to Carcassonne and spend 3-4 days in this area before making my way to Nice spend from 23rd - 25th September (Then Vernazza Cinque Terra for 26th).

Could anyone please recommend the best rail routes and train timetables if available where I can pre-purchase? I thought it would be a simple point to point from spain to Carcassonne but have had no luck. I would also like to stop between Carcassonne and nice somewhere if this is feasible by train on 21st/22nd if anyone can recommend somewhere such nice like aix en provence or Narbonne?

Thanks in Advance

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Train Donostia/San Sebastian to Hendaia www.euskotren.es

Train Hendaye to Carcassonne and Carcassonne to Nice www.voyages-sncf.com

The Camargue www.france.com

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
2. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Trains in Spain (apart from the Euskotren mentioned above) are operated by http://www.renfe.com

Perth, Australia
3. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Thank you how do I get this website in English?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
4. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

This should work: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Perth, Australia
5. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

I'm not sure if I'm typing everything in correctly with the renfe website but it's saying there are no direct routes from Barcelona-Sants to San sebastian/Donostia on 14th September. Do I need to stop over somewhere? I feel like maybe booking it at the time might be easier as I'm really having trouble on this website

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
6. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

I'm not too clued up on rail travel, I think you can only book three months in advance. There is a dedicated Trip Advisor forum for train travel: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…

Perth, Australia
7. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

Thank you for your help il check the rail forum out

8. Re: San Sebastian Donostia to Carcassonne Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics