We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SS last week of Dec?

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 1
SS last week of Dec?

I'm considering a 3 day side trip from paris to SS and the Basque region but the dates will be 12/26 - 12/29. Will SS and surrounding towns be completely shut down then? Not as worried about the weather, but want to be sure there are plenty of options for eating our way through the area. Any insight from those who have been there at this time of year would be greatly appreciated.

Shanghai, China
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 192
1. Re: SS last week of Dec?

SFJakey,

I haven't been to San Sebastian at this time but I'd bet that you'll find plenty of places open for business. Locals like to eat too, lol.

If I were you, I would target a few establishments and send them an email to inquire. Some places are quite good at responding to emails.

Hotel Niza has a cafe/restaurant (Narru) which is open all day.

hotelniza.com/ingles/restaurant-in-san-sebas…

A Fuego Negro (look for jan's email address at the bottom of page)

http://afuegonegro.com/lang_english/jan.html

Astoria 7 Hotel has a cafe/restaurant too with decent pintxos, I'm told.

www.astoria7hotel.com/en/restaurant.php

If you do contact these places, pls come back to this thread and share your intel.

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
reviews: 53
2. Re: SS last week of Dec?

Christmas is also a good time to come to San Sebastian and the Basque Country.

It will be quite cold but the cities look pretty with Christmas decoration, and everything is open and ready to receive visitors.

Do not worry on regard places to eat or visit, as all of them are open on that time of the year. Plenty Basques go for a pintxo or to restaurants on those days, or to make visits to museums with their kids. It might be interesting for you visiting the Nativity in Vitoria: aitordelgado.net/2011/12/nativity-scene-for-…

Let me know if you require more information or details. I will be around here on those days (as I did most of my life :-) )

Enjoy the Basque Country!

Aitor Delgado

3. Re: SS last week of Dec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics