We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega busy bank holiday in SS!?

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth, United...
reviews: 67
Mega busy bank holiday in SS!?

Hi all

My family of 3 young children, myself and husband, are arriving by ferry to Santander on Wednesday 15th August. We are booked into an apartment in the city centre in San Sebastian for 3 nights but I have read that parking (and traffic) can be problematic during summer and especially on bank holidays.

I have been told the Txofore car park is closest to our apartment, but I think this may well be full at 8pm on the bank holiday.

Being new to the country, and city, and being busy on the bank holiday, do you think I would be better to change my booking and stay maybe jus the 2 nights, and look for a hotel either in Santander or the outskirts of SS for the bank holiday night on the Wednesday 15th August??

Any suggestions and advice are very welcome.

Janette

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mega busy bank holiday in SS!?

Well...San Sebastián is a small town and you can easily walk anywhere, so distances are not that relevant when you have to park somewhere. The main problem is the cost of parking (around 17 euros per night) or the meter parking that you have to renew every two hours or so.

Tamworth, United...
reviews: 67
2. Re: Mega busy bank holiday in SS!?

Yes I had heard that is was busy (I had heard 25 euros so if 17 then I would be happy!). Thank you

3. Re: Mega busy bank holiday in SS!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 18, 2013