We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Sebastian to Vittoria

Which San Sebastian - Donostia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Enfield
reviews: 6
San Sebastian to Vittoria

I found a bus that will take me to Vittoria from San Sebastian. However, I don't know much about Vittoria and the tourist office has not much info on Vittoria either. In fact, the lady seemed to want to discourage us from going there, saying it is not an interesting town.

The reason I want to go is because I heard the pinxto (tapas) champion of 2007-2008 for the whole Basque region is a restaurant in Vittoria, so we would like to try it.

Is it worth staying overnight in Vittoria? What is there to see and do there?

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
reviews: 9
1. Re: San Sebastian to Vittoria

The problem maybe the spelling as there is lots of information the web about this city. But this is the official website for tourism.

vitoria-gasteiz.org/we027/http/index_en.shtml

If you read through this you cna make up your own mind if the trip is worth it as everyone has their own opinion on whether a place is worth it or not"

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
2. Re: San Sebastian to Vittoria

Apart from the Old Town, which is well worth it, and the pintxos, you can´t absolutely miss the guided tour of the reconstruction of the Old Cathedral (www.catedralvitoria.com), which has been going for some years and has many yet to finish. You get a very enriching idea of how cathedrals were built, the mistakes in the construction of this one, how they are fixing it, etc, etc...

3. Re: San Sebastian to Vittoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian...
More San Sebastian - Donostia Topics