We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Hi,we will start ur family trip in Spain in November this year,and we are planning to visit Bilbao durning our stay in Spain...Can anyone tell me is it a good option taking the renfe from Barcelona to Bilbao or just a flight from Barcelona to Bilbao?Thank you in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Vitoria-Gasteiz...
reviews: 53
1. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Hi,

You can check timetables and prices in www.renfe.es and of planes in any flight searcher.

If you ask my opinion I would choose a flight.

On one hand, the journey by train is not that beautiful and it can be a bit long if you have kids. (It takes around 6 hours and 30 minutes).

You can arrive faster by plane so that you can use best your time. There are several choices of planes from Barcelona to Bilbao. And making it in advance, you can find similar price on flight tickets and on the train tickets.

On the other hand, by train you are leaving and arriving to the city center of the city and you can stand up, go to the restaurant wagon, etc.

That is something also to consider and that you will evaluate better than me knowing your family interests.

Enjoy the Basque Country! Enjoy Bilbao!

Aitor Delgado

www.aitordelgado.net

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
2. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Full support to Aitor´s suggestion...plane, no doubt.

3. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, July 16, 2014

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

May I know the reason?

5. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, July 16, 2014

Hong Kong, China
6. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Is the security problems so bad in the Basque Country?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,493
7. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Fredie:

I would fly from Barcelona to Bilbao. Vueling has flights and is a good low cost airline that I fly all the time.

I have been to Bilbao several times and love the place, with many things to see. Nothing bad has happened to me. The most educated Basques live in this city. Read the top questions in the Bilbao forum.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
8. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Ignore this freak. This is one of the safest places in the world. He changes names and posts offensive and false statements about the Basque Country. I' ve denounced him several times.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia
reviews: 255
9. Re: From Barcelona to Bilbao?

Don't worry, this particular person comes along every so often and writes false statements about the Basque Country under different names. You can happily forget everything they say.

Reply to: From Barcelona to Bilbao?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted