We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
reviews: 72
Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

I was looking at buying tickets on the Guggenheim website, and if I read it right, it seems you can purchase tickets from ATM's in Bilbao? If so do these mean you don't have to queue? I was trying to book online from the Guggenheim site but keep getting an error message

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 238
1. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

Try the museum site again maybe? We bought ours from them. I don't know anything about getting them from ATMs. But that's probably worth a shot, I guess, if all else fails...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 10
2. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

I have been to the Guggesnheim 7 r 8 times and never queued more than 10 minutes, usually less. Maybe I was just lucky, but never thought on buying in advance to avoid queues.

If you buy the tickets trough an ATM, you have to exchange the voucher for the actual ticket in the museum.

Manchester, UK
reviews: 72
3. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

OK I think I maybe panicking over nothing :)

Also would you happen to know if the outside areas where the sculptures are -are they accessible all the time, or only after you've bought a ticket? I'd like to photograph the building & surround sculptures at sunset time, if I can only do this once I've bought the ticket, we'll be visiting later in the day, otherwise we will try and go early on and come back later...

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 238
4. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

There are some that you can get close to from in the museum, but many from outside and the museum can be photographed from in and out. It

s a major sight within the city and pretty easy to get at for photography. It's also, as you know, incredibly gorgeous!

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 2
5. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

My parents live opposite the museum. Most of the sculptures (Puppy, Mama the Spider...) are accessible from outside the museum. The best view is from the other side of the river, just cross the bridge and take the free elevator down for great pictures.

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 1
6. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

Impossible to buy on line !

always error message

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
7. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

My favorite sculpture is Puppy, by Jeff Koons. I think that this is the best icon that the city can have.

Halbardier:

I think that only Spanish credit cards are accepted.

8. Re: Buying Guggenheim tickets from ATM's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 27, 2013