We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilbao in February - Things to do?

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 17
Bilbao in February - Things to do?

My g/f and I are trying to decide whether to go to Bilbao or Valencia at the end of February. Is February a good month to go? Is Bilbao at the end of February quite cold? Is it warm enough to sit out in the park at lunchtime to have a picnic?

Thanks.

Regards,

Imraan

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: Bilbao in February - Things to do?

It's still winter, so you can expect a little rain and it will be a lot cooler than Valencia.

It was clear and sunny and 58F/14.5C on New Year's day in Valencia.

uk
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bilbao in February - Things to do?

the weather in bilbao is not too different from london in the winter and probably rains more

hopefully by the end of febuary it will have warmed up a little

its a nice place ot visit..but the weather is a gamble, last weekend in bilbao it was snowing, its not the warmer east coast.

in the old town there are plenty of pensions, mostly quite grotty, the hotel bilbao jardines 2 star in the middle of casca viejo is not quaint but new and about 48 euros a night, you can pay that for a quaint grotty pension

there are pensions also in abando just over the river and more upmarket pensions in casca viejo sorry i cant remember the names.

overall its worth a visit, im sure anyone who has been would recommend it for a short visit

London
reviews: 17
3. Re: Bilbao in February - Things to do?

Thanks all. I appreciate it.