We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Hotel with Parking

Which Bilbao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 7
Central Hotel with Parking

I am due to arrive in Bilbao around 9pm on Saturday 23rd and rent a car that I will drive to the City Centre. I was hoping to stay in a central hotel with parking. Can anybody recommend such a hotel? Or would I be best to leave renting a car until the next day when I plan to drive onto San Sebastian? How far is the city centre from the airport.

Spain
reviews: 1
1. Re: Central Hotel with Parking

Hi!

There are direct buses from and to the airport daily. From airport: from 6.30 am until 22.30 pm direct to Bus terminal in the city center. Yo get the centre in about 30 minutes by bus.20 minutes by car.

In Bilbao there is a good subway service with only two lines! Anyway Bilbao is not such a big city, so you can do everything walking.

You can take a look on the web www.bilbao.net and www.paisvascoturismo.com (official web of Basque country).You also have a list of accomodations.

If you are staying for a while in Basque Country and you like good wine, I recommend to you to go to Rioja Alavesa region(45 miuntes from Bilbao) , you can take a look in www.thabuca.com they organise good trips in the area. Vitoria is also a very nice city, so if you have time don't stay just on the coast.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
2. Re: Central Hotel with Parking

there are several very good hotels at very reasonable prices, try to book them in advance through a travel agent for best prices, anyway.

I would recommend Hotel Jardines de Albia, Barcel�� Nervi��n or Hotel Conde Duque, all conveniently located and excellent value, with parking available.

If the top end, Domine Hotel, Mir�� Hotel, Carlton Hotel, Lope de Haro...

Taxi to city centre: around 20-22 euros.

Bus service running every half hour, leaves you in the very centre (12kms away from airport). Bilbao is a very small city, very well communicated by a very efficient bus, train, metro and tram system.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Central Hotel with Parking

Many thanks Moon5 and mikelg. Will have a look at those. The weather forecast isn't looking great for the next few days. Is it really that bad? Not that the weather in Dublin is good anytime ;-)

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
reviews: 3
4. Re: Central Hotel with Parking

for the first day in many, it is sunny and warm, and the forecast is good for the entire week....