We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Zaragoza

Which Zaragoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zaragoza
reviews: 6
Things to do in Zaragoza

My parents and little sister (14) are coming out to visit me in Zaragoza for a few days over a weekend. The tourist office were not terribly helpful about giving me ideas about what we should do when they are here. Has anyone any advice?! Hiring a car is an option.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

You don't mention when they are visiting, or where they are from. What do they like to do?

You can take them for a tour of the city, which they may find interesting. Check out the official city web site to see what's happening (http://www.zaragoza.es/default_en.html).

You can also consider taking a drive up into the mountains. The countryside is absolutely beautiful as you move north past Sabiñánigo towards Salient de Gállgo, and the Tena valley is worth the trip. You can have Sunday lunch at Panticosa Resort (http://www.panticosa.com/).

Bangor, Northern...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

surprise ,surprise --- guess who !!! you never did tell us the word for gato ?????

i have sent Julie details of a very up market ski / spa chateau opening at a ski resort near Z - will keep looking for you !! xxx

Zaragoza
3. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

they will be here on friday 27 until tues the 31st! They want to see the city but i don´t think going further afield would be a problem. Not particularly interested in art so the museums aren´t really an option. My little sister is active and outdoorsy so something outside would be best for her. My parents would probably enjoy seeing the surrounding areas but wouldn´t want to be driving for much more than an hour. Thanks

Zaragoza, Spain
reviews: 34
4. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

hi

there is a place near Zaragoza 1hour (115km) or so driving, Monasterio de Piedra is within the area of Aragonese Balnearios (spas)Alhama, Jaraba...

Monasterio de Piedra is a beautiful natural scenery with water falls and natural lakes.There is also a monastery (from the 12th century) where you can find a Wine Museum, recently created. Restaurants and also a hotel are part of the whole thing. There are several guided visits to the monastery and the cellars (Denominacion de Origen de Calatayud)

www.monasteriodepiedra.com

http://www.aragonesasi.com/piedra.php

Within the city i would recomend a visit to La Aljaferia a really interesting palace from the 11th century and that has been suffering reforms up to the 20 th. It is a must !!! even if you do not like museums!! nothing to do with it.THere is a muslim part that become christian with the Catholic Kings and that nowaday houses the Government of Aragon.You can get visits in English if you want , and if you have a student card is free to enter.

The Tourist Board organises touristic guided walks through the city:

www.infozaragoza.com/rutas/rutaszaragoza.php

https:/…

I live and work in the city so do not hesitate to make any question.

Beatriz

Zaragoza
5. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

My cousin and his girlfriend (both 26) are coming over this weekend and they are more into museums! We don't have very long, any suggestions of how to spend saturday morning in a museum? I have heard there is a Roman Museum near the Plaza del Pilar but can't find out anything more specific or are there any other one which are worth a visit? I would also like to find some hidden jems of bars not too far from the casco to take them too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks

Zaragoza, Spain
6. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

The XIV Susanne Hübner international seminar, "Linguistics and persuasive communication", will take place in Zaragoza,14-17 November 2007. CFP- DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: 29 April 2007.

For further details, please contact the organising committee:

Dr Marta Conejero López (coordinator),

martacl@unizar.es

Department of English and German Philology,

University of Zaragoza (Spain).

Madrid
7. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

Tapas bars in Zaragoza:

* Los Vitorinos (a must) at narrow calle Jose de la Hera, 6

* Los Zarcillos at Jose de la Hera, 2

* Casa Dominó at plaza de Santa Marta

* Marpy at plaza de Santa Marta

* Casa Juanico at plaza de Santa Cruz

* La Casa del Mar at San Andres, 9

Enjoy!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 28
8. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

A day or two drive into the Pyrenees sounds good to me. Plenty of things to see on the way there (wherever you choose to go in the Pyrenees - Val d'Aran would be nice, maybe an overnight stay there or in one of the valleys nearby) and back.

And of course, first time visitors will love their first churros y chocolate breakfast - although I don't recall their names, there were several places serving nice fresh churros with delicious cups of artery clogging chocolate.

Taipei
9. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

Hey, it's weird. Nobody mentioned the dance Jota. I've never been to Zaragoza, but will soon. I'm mostly interested in seeing some jota aragonesa. Is it possible to see any during September 20, 21 22? Or we are simply misguided by the dance books?

10. Re: Things to do in Zaragoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 09, 2009