We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid or Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 6
Madrid or Seville

Ola,

My first forum posting in TripAdvisor. I will be travelling from Lisbon. I will have 5 days(4 days exactly) and my flight departure will be from Barcelona.

So my exact question would be...is Seville worth visiting or Madrid? I know both cities are beautiful, but not sure which are much worthwhile in anyone's opinion. I do not wish to go museums(I consumes to much time unfortunately) in this trip. More leaning towards sight seeing.

Budget is also a problem, getting from Lisbon->Faro->Seville->Madrid->Barcelona is too expensive and too time consuming. Hope there is someone out there who is able to give me some light.

10 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
1. Re: Madrid or Seville

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k4254…

Seville seems to be a vote. Is there a good place to visit (via train) towards barcelona. Or i should just stick straight 2 days in seville, and 2 days in barcelona?

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Madrid or Seville

The time you have you will have to fly between Barcelona and Seville www.vueling.com

Staying in Barcelona you can visit Tarragona www.tarragonaturisme.cat by train www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros.index.html

Montserrat www.montserrat-tourist-guide.com barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en.tour/barcelon…

Barcelona also has much to experience www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona

Accommodation www.venere.com

Edited: 8:02 pm, April 14, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 27
3. Re: Madrid or Seville

Seville is charming but Barcelona is much larger and has much more to see.

San Francisco...
4. Re: Madrid or Seville

Skip Barcelona altogether. Expensive and crowded with tourists.Sevilla is a much friendlier down to earth place with incredible food and lovely people.Remember to go with the flow and you will have a great time!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,492
5. Re: Madrid or Seville

yoonghan:

With only 4 days, I would just stay in Seville. Most of Seville is walkable and it is a more relaxed place to visit than Barcelona.

Kuala Lumpur...
6. Re: Madrid or Seville

Thanks for the replies. Seville is a real choice then.

I will still need to go barcelona, as the return flight has already been book. Will spend less days there. :)

Boston, MA
reviews: 29
7. Re: Madrid or Seville

Both has a different atmosphere, Seville is more relaxing and great food! You can do a day trip to Cordoba which is amazing. Madrid is more busy and city feel but it's a good base for day trips such as Segovia, Toledo, etc. Here's what I did for 4 days:

Day 1 Seville Cathedral: …wordpress.com/2013/…

Day 2 Alcazar: …wordpress.com/2013/…

Day 3 Around Seville: …wordpress.com/2013/…

Day 4 Cordoba: …wordpress.com/2013/07/29/cordoba-spain/

Enjoy your trip!

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Madrid or Seville

Thank you. Your reply is wonderful! I did not know about Cordoba. Will make a day trip to that place.

Boston, MA
reviews: 29
9. Re: Madrid or Seville

You're welcome! Hope you have a great trip and I am sure you will!

Edited: 7:08 pm, April 29, 2014
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 24
10. Re: Madrid or Seville

I think you might be underestimating the travelling time between the cities- Spain is a big country! I did a similar trip in Feb-March but I had many more days than you, I don't know how you are getting from Lisbon to Seville but I'm sure it's a decent bus ride (assuming bus as you mentioned you are on a budget), and to get to Barcelona it will also be a long bus ride. If I was you I would fly a budget airline from Lisbon to Barcelona to save time and just enjoy Barcelona, save Seville and Madrid for next time even though they are amazing places sounds like you will just waste a lot of time travelling between the cities.

Reply to: Madrid or Seville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted