We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near airport and car hire?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
hotel near airport and car hire?

We are flying in to Seville at the end of August and were hoping to stay for one day and night before hiring a car for a visit to the coast for the rest of the week.

As we are arriving mid-morning, I was hoping to find nice reasonably priced hotel that can be reached from the airport by foot or with a short cab ride. We will need to off-load our luggage quite quickly.

The following day, I would like to hire a car and head straight off to the coast without having to circle the city several times looking for the road out to Nerja.

Would anyone be able to help here. Also, do I need my driving license with the photocard as well as the UK paper one - or will the latter suffice (as in I can't find the photocard! - yet)?

Many thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 213
1. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

Depending on the type of car you are hiring, rental costs are fairly low in Andalucia, so I would seriously consider picking one up from the airport. I say this because there are no hotels within walking distance of the airport and taxis may well have some minimum fare (for waiting) to take you to the nearest place to stay. That fare could equal the days rental.

The ring road at Seville is 3 lanes and if you look at a map before getting on it then it should be easy to negotiate the turn off that you want. I would recommend the www.viamichelin.com maps as you can ZOOM in or move around easily. The drive to Nerja will take 3 hours. All good roads mostly dual carriageway.

If you want a hotel that is reasonable cost and easy to get to from the airport then I would suggest the IBIS. It is on the Avenida de Kansas City which is marked as you head into Seville. You basically take the right hand lane all the way and soon after crossing the Ring Road, you should see the IBIS on your right side. It's on the edge of an industrial estate (as many of these IBIS hotels are) and if you wanted you can park your car in the underground park (extra) or leave outside the hotel in their own space.

If you are visiting the city, then you should take the bus that drops you off within easy stroll of the central area. Costs One Euro and takes about 15 minutes and the bus runs quite frequently (think it's No70 but the reception can tell you).

chicago, il
reviews: 13
2. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

Here is another thought - stay somewhere near the train station. The train station is only a 5 minute taxi ride from the city center and you can rent cars there as well. The airport is pretty far from the city center for sightseeing. You can even store your luggage in the train station in the consigna if you don't want to bring it all into the hotel with you for just one night.

Bedford, UK
reviews: 3
3. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

We hired a car at Seville airport with Europcar in May. My driving licence is the old UK style (no photocard). Was no problem and of course also had my passport as ID.

I don't think you will be able to walk to a hotel from the airport. If I remember rightly we drove out of the airport car park staight up a slip road and on to the 2/3 lane motorway.

I think your best option would be to hire a car at the airport, drive to a hotel on the outskirts of Seville which has parking and leave the car there whilst you explore Seville using public transport.

kent
4. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

Thank you all for the replies. The IBIS is full unfortunately but I think I will find another easy enough. With the problem of actually finding the hotel and then parking costs, I was now thinking of getting a cab from the airport into the central area of Seville (as there are 4 of us)

Any idea how much this would cost?

Lastly, would anyone know a hire place I could then rent a car (Seville centre) from but leave it back at the airport in a weeks time?

If not, I will find the station the next day which should solve this.

Thanks again for the benefit of your experience and your time.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 213
5. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

Costs about Euros 20 ish by cab. If you book using www.carjet.co.uk you can collect at Crown office near Santa Justa and return to airport.. Crown is a good rental company for Andalucia. The companies website is at: www.crowncarhire.com but with Carjet you get a better price.

chicago, il
reviews: 13
6. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

We rented at the Santa Justa train station through Avis or Hertz (can't remember which one) and did a one-way dropoff in Madrid, so I'm sure you can drop off at the airport if you request it.

7. Re: hotel near airport and car hire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 15, 2009